Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New idea--humorous, not serious >

New idea--humorous, not serious

New idea--humorous, not serious

Old 07-25-2013, 08:38 PM

I'd love to see a show that followed a charity quilt (for kids, for soldiers, etc.) from the shopping stage all the way to the end.

You'd meet the quilter(s), see the whole process of picking fabrics/patterns, etc - learn a little about them, and when it's finished, you'd also meet the recipient(s) and see their story, why they are getting the quilt, and so on.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:23 AM

This was put out as a joke, but there are some wonderful ideas from the creative minds of quilters. Netflix now makes their own movies and series...why not for quilters!
Old 07-26-2013, 04:31 AM
Power Poster

Sure beats spousal swaps and bachelor and bachelorette crap. Family fights and such. my favorites are the Mountain Men, Life Below Zero, North Woods Law and yes Swamp People. I really do wish they'd bring back the craft shows and needle work and quilting shows also. Besides the ones that we only can get on Saturday mornings. I guess those aren't raunchy enough. BTW I'm not a prude.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:36 AM

Love everyone's ideas. When will it air?
Old 07-26-2013, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Rose S. View Post
Seems like on TV, there is one reality show after another. I told my hubby we need to come up with a quilty reality show...In Search of Fabric...Touring the Quilt Shops. He popped out with what I think would be a winner: Show Us Your Stash!

Any other ideas here?
I love all of the ideas posted. Right now I'm gleefully envisioning the bloodshed (hopefully computer generated - can't mess up the fabric!!) when a professional organizer tries to get a quilter to reduce her stash o)). Or even better when that person decides quilter's stashes don't constitute a hoard and is last seen wallowing in a pile of fabric. Not that I've ever wallowed (yeah right!!) but a friend of mine at a quilt show kept her fabric bags in bed with her so she could pet them at night. Oh my.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:05 AM

My husband is always saying 'cute' things like: "Quilters, start your machines", "Quilters of the world, unite!" and other such things. Might be a good way to start the show. LOL
Old 07-26-2013, 06:20 AM

This was the perfect way to start my day. Thanks for the laughs and giggles. I do agree these ideas would make some great TV watching.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:26 AM

I think that's a winner! It would make more sense than a lot of those that are on the air! And a lot more fun to watch! Maybe you should drop a line to the networks.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:26 AM

I think it was Quilts of Valor that had a show like this. They were to be RWB and any pattern you wanted and had a deadline to finish. They went around and interviewed the women as they sewed and I think they had a show and tell at different intervals to show how each one was doing. In fact, I think they had a team of two working on each quilt. It was fun to watch as each group wanted to finish first.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:33 AM

OMG "Night of the Ripper" cracked me up! I love some of these ideas; they would have been great on the DIY network, years ago when it used to be a worthwhile channel to watch. Now it's cr*p.