Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Janome Long Arm Artistic Quilter 18 >

New Janome Long Arm Artistic Quilter 18

New Janome Long Arm Artistic Quilter 18

Old 07-15-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
Gammils are tanks, IMHO. Hard to move and heavy. I'd like to know more about this Janome machine. Hence my topic title.
Thanks!
You haven't tried them then....especially with the new breeze track! But you are right,,,,I didn't remember the original post....my response was geared towards the reply that stated the price was about $8000. Ive seen too many people come to me asking to trade in something they bought for a Gammill. Best of luck in your research!
Old 07-18-2011, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
This is made by Tin Lizzie and sold by Janome. It is similar to the Viking MegaQuilter 18.8 and Pfaff GrandQuilter 18.8. All are made by Tin Lizzie and either identical or similar to the Tin Lizzie 18LS.
Interesting...so they're clones? The same machine?
The Viking and Pfaff are identical. Viking and Pfaff are now parts of the same company. I really can't say, if the Janome electronics are the same. But the mechanicals are the same.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
Is it my imagination or does it look like they chopped up an old Singer Red Eye and threw long harp in the middle? Kinda like a stretch limo concept.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:17 AM

Anyone buy one? What do you think about it?

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-8020557..._2167_37214917
Got it. Still practicing to get the hang of it when something went haywire. The LQS owner and his repairman were just out yesterday to pick it up and take it in for repairs. Before it acted up, I was really having fun practicing designs, although I think I was overriding the stitch regulator quite often, especially when changing directions.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Christine27

Got it. Still practicing to get the hang of it when something went haywire. The LQS owner and his repairman were just out yesterday to pick it up and take it in for repairs. Before it acted up, I was really having fun practicing designs, although I think I was overriding the stitch regulator quite often, especially when changing directions.

Brand new, still practicing and it is already going in for repari?
Old 07-21-2011, 07:48 AM

Hope it's an easy fix. What table did you get with it or does it come with a table?
Old 07-21-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by kathy
it looks nice, where are they available?
Janome dealers. I hear they run about $8,000.

Thank you. For the life of me I don't understand why so many websites don't show prices.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigDog
Thank you. For the life of me I don't understand why so many websites don't show prices.
Maybe it's that theory that if you have to ask how much, you can't afford it? :P

Probably it's so that dealers can charge what they want. It is a bit of a pain when you're shopping around, though.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:54 AM

I have the viking 18x8 with the Imperial frame (10 feet). It comes with the double handles and the light fixture and built in stitch regulator. I have one that is brand new in the box still for sale for $5500 if any one interested. :-D It sells btw at the dealers for at least $8000, plus tax
Old 07-21-2011, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tinabodina

Brand new, still practicing and it is already going in for repari?
Yes, unfortunately. We had some trouble getting it to power on during our lesson with the LQS teacher. Eventually it worked, so we chalked it up to a bad outlet or a bad extension cord. Then, last week while I was practicing, it started humming louder than usual and the needle started slowly going up and down, leaving bad stitches as it went. The LQS owner and repairman came yesterday to take it in for repairs, so hopefully I will soon be back to practicing!