Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Machine - Very Excited...

Quote Originally Posted by annesthreads View Post
    I'll have to keep looking! There's a guy in Lynemouth who reconditions and sells all sorts of machines - I've recently purchased a Singer 201 from him, and he serviced my Janome for me when I was in Northumberland recently, as I wasn't happy with the work done by the Sheffield dealer. I'll have to ask him if he ever comes across any Berninas.
    Sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience with your local shop in Sheffield. Who did you use up here in Durham/Northumberland? I have used Tullys in the past, and my friend uses the Sewing Machine Centre in Harlepool - both are exellent. My overlocker (serger) is being serviced at the moment, by the Singer centre in Darlington - will let you know what they are like when I pick my machine up later in the week.

I will keep my eyes open for you and let you know if I see one locally.

Wow! Happy sewing!
    Live, Laugh, Love & Quilt!
    Weasie

Blog Entries
    You did good! How coo is that to have 2 great machines! Congrats!
    Bonnie

Quote Originally Posted by babyboomerquilter View Post
    You did good! How coo is that to have 2 great machines! Congrats!
    I am a VERY lucky girl...

Just a quick update. I have bought the accessory box (which was missing from my machine) for 22 from the Husqvarna dealer in Sheffield. I have also picked up a number of the missing feet on ebay for 0.99p each. In total this machine has cost me less than 100. I think I have done extremely well and have picked up a great machine for a good price. My parents are going to buy me a walking foot for the Viking for Christmas - what more does a girl need?

I have never used a Husqvarna machine before, although I know that they have a superb reputation and inspire great loyalty by those that use them. I have a Bernina, and really thought that I wouldn't feel as comfortable with another make of machine: how wrong could I be. I think that both makes have really interesting features to offer. The Viking is a beautiful machine to sew with, and can do all the fancy stuff (FMQ etc) brilliantly well and with ease. The Bernina is a beautifully balanced machine, with a superb stitch, flexible functions and easy to use. However, Bernie is extremely heavy, whereas Helga (sometimes known as Vera...) is much lighter and more portable.

I am really going to enjoy using both machines in the new year.
    Last edited by bigbrownowl; 12-15-2011 at 01:56 AM.

You've done well! Did you get your accessory box from the people in Attercliffe? I hope you get lots of enjoyment from your new machine.

Quote Originally Posted by annesthreads View Post
    You've done well! Did you get your accessory box from the people in Attercliffe? I hope you get lots of enjoyment from your new machine.
    Anne - I got it all wrong! When I checked the invoice, it was from the Husqvarna Studio in Nottingham. I phoned them about the accessory box, and they were really helpful. I didn't know about the Attercliffe shop: I will keep it in mind for next time I need anything.

Direct Sewing and Knitting. They do Husqvarna and Pfaff. I've never been to the showroom, but have talked to them at shows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2