Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Machines - SO EXCITED >

New Machines - SO EXCITED

New Machines - SO EXCITED

Old 09-18-2010, 04:57 PM

when using your new machines, smile & do some facial exercises & you can your own face lift & quilt at the same time. Enjoy
Old 09-18-2010, 05:32 PM

I can tell you are very excited. I can certainly understand that. I am dreaming of a long arm machine and hope I have one by Christmas. Then I will be posting WooHoo!! on here, too, because I will be so excited.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:46 PM

Great choice - no face lift comes with 10 yrs of service, in fact most need redone in 10 years even with minor costly tune ups (botox) in between.

Your Janome will still be working and producing beautiful quilt "faces" for 20 plus.

Originally Posted by davis2se
So, for the past 4 years or so I have been saving money in what I have laughingly, but also semi-seriously, called my "face-lift account". A couple of months ago I actually went to a face lift seminar and found out that to have my droopy eyes and my droopy chin done I was going to need to save for another 4-5 years. I'm absolutely going to retire in March or April of next year, so....i decided the hubs and I would just have to live with droops, and I went out and bought myself a brand new Janome memory Craft 1100 Special Edition sewing maching AND a Baby Lock Evolution Serger - using most of my face lift fund to pay for them!!! WAHOOOO. The sales lady included a free 6 piece foot set for the serger as well as a Baby Lock serger tote, and a huge clothsetter, custom fit table thing for the Janome. I picked it all up today!! I am so excited. Included with both machines is 10 YEARS of unlimited service and cleaning. The bummer is that I have to work tomorrow until about 1:00, and then have to go with my husband to get him a new cell phone (he, the lucky dog, is retiring Sept 30). But on Sunday - it is just me and the new machines!! Actually, I'm only to start on the Janome. I've never used a Serger before, so am going to wait until I have the lessons (as many as I need/want included in the price). Just had to tell folks - I AM SO EXCITED.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:23 PM

So, for the past 4 years or so I have been saving money in what I have laughingly, but also semi-seriously, called my "face-lift account". A couple of months ago I actually went to a face lift seminar and found out that to have my droopy eyes and my droopy chin done I was going to need to save for another 4-5 years. I'm absolutely going to retire in March or April of next year, so....i decided the hubs and I would just have to live with droops, and I went out and bought myself a brand new Janome memory Craft 1100 Special Edition sewing maching AND a Baby Lock Evolution Serger - using most of my face lift fund to pay for them!!! WAHOOOO. The sales lady included a free 6 piece foot set for the serger as well as a Baby Lock serger tote, and a huge clothsetter, custom fit table thing for the Janome. I picked it all up today!! I am so excited. Included with both machines is 10 YEARS of unlimited service and cleaning. The bummer is that I have to work tomorrow until about 1:00, and then have to go with my husband to get him a new cell phone (he, the lucky dog, is retiring Sept 30). But on Sunday - it is just me and the new machines!! Actually, I'm only to start on the Janome. I've never used a Serger before, so am going to wait until I have the lessons (as many as I need/want included in the price). Just had to tell folks - I AM SO EXCITED.

You did well! There's nothng that a smile can't overpower. Just keep smiling and charge the "droops" to the grace of aging. Enjoy those new machines and make lost of pretty things.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:47 PM

Wow! That is great! Congrats & have fun!
Old 09-18-2010, 09:52 PM

Way better than a face lift and the joy will most likely last a lot longer too!!! Congrats and enjoy.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:32 PM

If your eye doctor says it's medically necessary to have the droopy eyelids fixed (interferes with periphial vision), insurance and/or medicare (or both, if you're 65, on medicare and have a supplement) will pay for it. Just had my eyelids done in July and love the results.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Banned

What fun you are going to have. what a neat early retierment gift for you. God bless.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:48 AM

I am so excited for you. This is a much better decision (IMHO) than surgery. Just think of all the fun you are going to have with your new "toys."
Old 09-19-2010, 11:26 AM

Congratulations. I am so excited for you as well. I sort of seems like we all get something when one gets new stuff, just like Christmas or birthdays. Have a lot of fun.
Congrats on your upcoming retirement and on DH. He will be retiring on my birthday. I retired in 2004 and have enjoyed it . However until this year I worked all through the school year as a part time math tutor, 4 days a week half a day. and that took up a lot of my time. But have still enjoyed my retirement.