Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New products I found at the quilt show. >

New products I found at the quilt show.

New products I found at the quilt show.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:05 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by adamae View Post
Went to national quilting association in Little Rock this weekend, great show but was hurting by the time I got to vendors. Did buy some stencils for labels on quilts and others for hand quilting designs.
My dau took me...next show will reserve a wheelchair.

That was the show I was at too! I talked with the Best of Show Winner and learned so much about how she made her quilt. Fascinating. She in turn learned a lot from Sharon Schamber. I learn more from the winners then I can from any class. My Fitbit recorded over 15,000 steps at the show!

Last edited by Onebyone; 06-22-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:07 AM

Thank you for sharing your best new items at the quilt show. I really need to check out that Big Look my eyes keep changing so that my reading glasses go up and down on my head. That looked to be the best of all worlds right there easy to see. The new add a quarter ruler looked interesting but would like to see how it works. So I really appreciated you sharing all of this great information.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:35 AM

Does anyone have any idea how much the Big Look costs. I couldn't find a site for ordering and it would really come in handy for me.

Thanks to Onbyone for posting the links because they didn't come up in my search.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:50 AM
Power Poster

How fortunate that you can still attend so many quilt shows. I used to love wandering around quilt shows seeing the beautiful quilts, sewing machines, long arm quilters, fabric, fabrics and more fabrics. However, it has become too difficult for me to walk great distances, so I really miss attending them.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:07 PM

I saw one site selling it at $90.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:25 PM

I love quilt shows too, I go mainly for the quilts but the vendors get my attention too. It's a nice chance to try out or ask about things I've seen in catalogs but didn't quite understand or see the point of. Sometimes I STILL don't see the point after the explanation, LOL.

I was disappointed last year at the PIQF, I wanted to buy some larger BlocLoc brand HST rulers but they sold out before I got there!
Old 06-22-2015, 02:36 PM
Power Poster

The show special for the Big Look was $60. If you have a very long machine the long extension rod was $15. I have it on my Brother 1500 right now and the regular size fits fine. It sells for $90 online. At first I thought it was another machine light. I was hooked as soon as I sit down and looked though it and sewed. I took three of my friends right over to the booth and they each bought one.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
Does anyone have any idea how much the Big Look costs. I couldn't find a site for ordering and it would really come in handy for me.

Thanks to Onbyone for posting the links because they didn't come up in my search.
$90 plus. I saw it on one of the links.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:39 PM

I love looking at the venders at quilt shows! But I am very quilt show hungry right now! Maybe in August in Lowell.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
The show special for the Big Look was $60. If you have a very long machine the long extension rod was $15. I have it on my Brother 1500 right now and the regular size fits fine. It sells for $90 online. At first I thought it was another machine light. I was hooked as soon as I sit down and looked though it and sewed. I took three of my friends right over to the booth and they each bought one.
I got mine at our Guild show last year and really love it. Unfortunately I had to get both rods--one for my travel machine and one for my good Elna. I've found that since I can actually SEE the needle area I find it easier to sit up straighter and not end up having my neck and shoulders hurt so much. When I was debating whether to spend the money on it, my DH asked "how much does the fabric cost for a full size quilt? Wouldn't an investment that makes it easier to ALL quilts be smart?" so I got a Big Look!