Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New products I found at the quilt show. >

New products I found at the quilt show.

New products I found at the quilt show.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by AZ Jane View Post
Last "quilt/sewing" show I went to I found a little green doo-hicky that sits down into the hold of a spool of thread with a magnet on top so I don't put needles into the arm of my chair, LOL after almost 6 month, I think I'm getting into the habit of actually using it. I think it was about $2.50. That's all I spent at the whole show beyond admission and parking (now those are getting ridiculous!). Too many one use items.
I'd love to know what the name of this is.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:41 AM

To OnebyOne - original poster: Add a Quarter ruler with the tapered edge, no more need for the credit card or post card to fold.
Braid thread. You pull a thread and it rouches. Will rouche it and add as a piping to my binding. [QUOTE]

Would love to see a picture of the Add-a-Quarter ruler and explanation of why it is better.
Would like to see a picture of how this Braid Thread looks when attached after it is pulled up.

quiltingbuddy #3: The block lock ruler is one I have been looking for for a few years. Should have bought it when I first saw it.

BettyGee #15 The Wahl seam ripper sounds great. I want one.

AZJane #16: Would love to see a picture of the "little green doo-hicky" that hangs onto your needles. On a spool of thread? ? ? ?

Last edited by maviskw; 06-23-2015 at 05:46 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:30 AM

[QUOTE=maviskw;7235741][B]To OnebyOne - original poster:

quiltingbuddy #3: The block lock ruler is one I have been looking for for a few years. Should have bought it when I first saw it.

http://shop.blocloc.com/

You can buy the bloc locs on their web site. We are fortunate to have a rep in out guild! She is teaching a class tomorrow with the drunkards path template. I have several of their rulers and they are awesome!
Old 06-23-2015, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingbuddy View Post
Wow, some of these I've never heard of. Guess I'll have to look them up. My favorite that I got at the quilt show is the Bloc-Loc. It is use it for HSTs and it works like a charm for squaring up. I use it all the time.
I totally agree with you - Quiltingbuddy! I love the square up for flying geese too. I'm making 3/4"X1 1/2" flying geese for the star in my Jo Morton quilt right now and I love it!!!
Susan
Old 06-23-2015, 07:05 AM
Power Poster

Would love to see a picture of the Add-a-Quarter ruler and explanation of why it is better.

In traditional paper piecing, the paper is folded over on the fold line using a firm piece of paper or plastic. Then the add a quarter ruler is used to cut the fabric to get a perfect 1/4" allowance. The taper edge is on the opposite side of the ridge on the ruler so no extra item needed to fold the paper and it will help prevent accidents of cutting the seam allowance off. If you paper piece a lot then you will know the improvement makes the ruler so much better. I'll take a picture and post it later.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:35 PM

Wow! You found some good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:23 PM

I love going to those shows as well. However, after many years of buying all the cute stuff I had to have, I figured out I never used most of it, so don't go anymore.lol I did enjoy it though. I should go again and just look.hehehe
Old 06-23-2015, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
Does anyone have any idea how much the Big Look costs. I couldn't find a site for ordering and it would really come in handy for me.

Thanks to Onbyone for posting the links because they didn't come up in my search.
I followed the link and the larger size was $115.00 and that included shipping. I would have to think about it or see it in action.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:10 PM
Power Poster

Would love to go to a show some time....