Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: A new start.

A new start.

I have been doing other things for a few months but now have started easy.I am doing a printed cushion panel. for one of my grandaughters who starts animals course at collage in september its a golden retriever.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I stopped sewing January 1st and just finally started sewing again. I'm doing BOMs to keep me going. I'm not committing myself to anything big yet. I am just dipping my toe in the water. I had burned myself out after years of quilting.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Cool i'm glad i'm not alone!

I have felt burned out with it for a while too. But now, I have a new great-niece and my first great grand on the way. So, it's a must again! Feel very uninspired as far as baby quilts go. Just wanting to do something that I really will like to work on you know? Maybe civil war repros or a sampler. I get tired of one block out of the same color so I have to have a variety going on. But I am glad to see that others get this way. I do spend time looking on this board because I do find inspiration here. Just gotta find the motivation too! Thanks for letting me vent!
    Yep, it's sunny and hot here today. Finally got a little rain last night. VERY dry!

I have also felt burnt-out for awhile. Just finished hand-stitching the binding on 2 quilts. On to see what is next on the list of the stuff "to do".

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I've just gotten very selective as to who gets a quilted project and who doesn't. Got burnt out on disrespect and some harsh criticism. When I go up north to Indiana in a couple days, I'll have a week to see who might get one and who definitely won't. I'll be checking out to see how different projects were made and how much respect they get. I know one gal who will get one for sure. Anything that had any thought behind it and was given to her as a gift, is treated as gold. She also has quite a few quilts that have been handed down through the years.

I stopped for about 2 years after my mom passed away. Just couldn't get into it. Now I'm on a roll - I've made 6 quilts in the past 9 weeks! Think I've got my mojo back