Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
new/stupid question (: >

new/stupid question (:

new/stupid question (:

Old 06-06-2011, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by nanac
sorry, accidently hit enter when I didn't mean to. I think that it should come with one of those labels that say:
"WARNING. Quilting has been known to be addictive, leading to accumultation of fabric stash, quilting tools, books and patterns. Quilters have also reported that they stay up late at night to finish a quilt, and that housework, cooking and other choores may be delayed or forgotten until a quilt is completed. Other symptoms may include driving 50 miles to a new quilt shop, sudden urges to go on shop hops, and going to quilt shows.
If you experience any of these symptoms, no need to call your physician, just hop on this board for new ideas, patterns, tips and info, and find new friends willing to help you through your rough patch."
Is quilting hard? Not to me, or anyone else who loves what they do.
Here! Here! Well put ;)
Old 06-07-2011, 03:08 AM

All worthwhile thing seem to have a learning curve, for me the whole curve has been sooo enjotable!
Old 06-09-2011, 06:54 AM

Nike, I can't sew a straight line and I never use patterns because the directions confuse me. I can tell you that I love to sew and people seem to like my quilts (of course, would they tell me if they didn't?).

Take a class and be a robot at least once and you'll learn all sorts of neat tricks. Don't sweat the 1/4" seam unless you want to be a world class quilter (which would mean very little to any one who has gotten one of my quilts).

Enjoy. There is no quilting "box" to stay in unless you decide you want one. And then, in 6 months you may change your "box" and be off onto something else. Enjoy!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 02:33 PM

No question is stupid. Do you like to sew? If you do then pick an easy pattern to start. Maybe a kit would be easy since it gives the pattern and the fabric. Good luck and their is always someone here to help you. Sue