Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New survey....to quilt or cook? >

New survey....to quilt or cook?

New survey....to quilt or cook?

Old 03-03-2015, 08:35 AM

Default New survey....to quilt or cook?

Sitting here sewing, wondering what I'm fixing for lunch. So I wondered, would you rather quilt or cook? LOL....silly question, right?
Old 03-03-2015, 08:52 AM

Not so silly. Once I get into my sewing room I can forget what time it is and actually forget to eat. Since I have diabetes that is a problem. And if you look at me you would never believe that I would have that problem but it is so much more engrossing for me to sew than to cook.

So I do try to plan meals in the morning so it is not a surprise later. And my husband would give me grief saying that I was always thinking about food. Well, someone has to give some thought about it because I was responsible for feeding the family and preparing the meals. That is not something you can always do at 5pm if you want to eat by 6. Also, if I don't eat at a fairly regular intervals I am shaking and disoriented.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:55 AM

Well, I would rather quilt than cook. No contest. But since no one else here does the cooking, I just do both.

Dina
Old 03-03-2015, 09:47 AM

I think I woud rather BAKE than QUILT only because I am a much better baker than I am quilter at this point

<3 Mandi <3
Old 03-03-2015, 09:50 AM

Much rather quilt than cook.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:59 AM

If I'm blessed enough to have time to quilt, quilting trumps cooking every time. I live alone now except for the cats. I'm good with a bowl of cereal. The cats do interrupt my quilting to let me know it's past their dinner time!
Old 03-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

Well, given a choice, it would be quilt, but, I am in another slump re: the quilting. I know it comes and goes for me and I just go with the flow. No amount of rearranging my things, reading patterns, looking at pictures, etc. does it for me. It's just time goes by and I get interested again. The cooking, though, I'm really tired of. Especially the day to day evening meal, which is all I feel compelled to produce. It is just me and Mr. Stitchnripper, and bless his heart, he is always appreciative of anything I do. It is usually very simple - chicken on the George Foreman, a bag of veggies, and maybe a salad or rice. Something on that simple order. And I'm tired of that. I told Mr. S. that when he retires I am quitting making that evening meal.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:09 AM

I work 3 jobs, so "They Guys" do the cooking. Sometimes I get to cook on Sundays, and we all get a nice meal for a change. LOL! But I'd rather be sewing.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Well, I would rather quilt than cook. No contest. But since no one else here does the cooking, I just do both. Dina
Same with me but I live alone !! I am also a terrible cook.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Power Poster

I rarely stop to cook if I'm in a quilting mood. DH is an adult that can feed himself if he gets hungry. I'm not that wifey.