Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
NEW Year means NEW Quilts! >

NEW Year means NEW Quilts!

NEW Year means NEW Quilts!

Old 12-14-2010, 06:00 AM

I plan to make a log cabin quilt for my son in blues/brown, finish repairing GM Garden quilt (one of my first -- made with one fabric that didn't hold up so appliquing hexagons over damaged ones), and finishing a top begun by my grandmother in the late 1930s -- plus anything else that catches my fancy
Old 12-14-2010, 06:06 AM

want to make a disappearing Four patch quilt in two-color families. Maybe two of them, even. Have made a couple of blocks just to see... addictive.

and also a Disappearing pinwheel quilt

a Thinking out of the Block quilt

a purse (bought a pattern by bailey - quilter7x inspired me)

a Nine Patch Pizazz quilt

a puzzle quilt

there are more, but I should stop there... lol...
Old 12-14-2010, 06:27 AM

lone star, double irish and a triple irish chain
Old 12-14-2010, 06:27 AM

I'm working on a crazy quilt right now. Hope to finish it in the new year
Old 12-14-2010, 06:36 AM

My resolution: Use up my stash and do an attic windows quilt.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:12 AM

What I hope to accomplish in 2011?

Hmmm.... too much............!

Actually I have quite a list:

1) My Queen Size Nevada Star- (Started)
2) The New Glacier Star
3) A Bargello Quilt(Started)
4) A French Braid
5) Start Quilting for hire/others
6) Quilt My McCommas Beauty
7) A Stack n' Whack (just received the books)
8) PP'd Wedding Ring
9) Quilting of many more Project Warmth Quilts
10) many more to be added Im sure..............
Maybe if I get it in print I will be able to cross these off next year at this time.....
Old 12-14-2010, 07:39 AM

I really want to try a Bargello :!:
Old 12-14-2010, 07:44 AM

2000 was the year I decided I was going to learn to hand applique. You know how it goes you find a pattern that is far beyond your capabilities. But you love it, just have to make it, so you sign up for the block of the month.
OK, do you remember the chicken block of the month from Maggie Walker called A Country Journal? This was what I wanted to make for my first attempt at hand applique. The first month's block arrived in the mail. I worked and worked on it. Most of it came out pretty good for a beginner. Everything but the feet. I sewed them on and took them off so many times that I nearly wore out the background material. My solution was to just give up and sew them on by machine. So, my first chicken has flat feet. I was just catching my breath from the first month when the second month 's block came. OMG it had 2 chickens on it. Needless to say they too have flat feet. I think I stopped in the middle of the 4th month. It has been my resolution every year since then to finish the quilt. Not really sure what I'll do with it when I'm done. I just hope one of the kids will want it and they not bury me with it.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:45 AM

Log Cabin
Old 12-14-2010, 07:51 AM

I want to finish my UFO's if possible. Last year I made a resolution that I would not start something new until I completed one of my UFO (one shouldn't be too hard right) well correct finish one is easy but then I got side tracked and started new things. I want to start and hopefully finish a Colorado Log Cabin this year and also attempt to finish one of my other UFO's (only 9 more to go).

Hey ABORNING AGAIN I just got my Tin Lizzy in July love it once I got past the fear of it. I could make it work at the store but at home I paniced. However do not fear there is a website go to "Tin Lizzy' and they have tutorials and all kinds of info. One day I spent a full 8 hours going from my sewing room to my computer just to make sure I had loaded a quilt properly it was not a good day for me as I could bearly move and was in a fog, but got the quilt loaded and quilted the quilt which came out beautiful. I have done three so far only because I had to stop in order to get my Christmas sweatshop going. I am very fortunate in that I have 15 grandkids and decided to make every Christmas a special sew time and not purchase any gifts all are handmade. I am also fortunate in that the dealer I purchased my Tin Lizzy from has an open LA Forum the second Saturday of every month where several LA quilters meet to discuss techniques etc. I also have an 800 number directly to them should I have questions or need supplies. I can drive there but some days I can't drive so I have to call. I live 180 miles from my dealer but I feel like they are just downtown when I need assistance. They even come to me if need to. Congrats on your machine.