Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: New Year Mystery Quilt

Senior Member quilter in the making's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone have the instructions so I can finish this? All the links I've tried no longer work. I did not print them out as I worked, was just referring to the links as needed. Unfortunately, due to life interfering it has taken longer than I thought. I believe I am finished with step 4 (but not sure as the link doesn't work) and can't move on to the finish without the instructions. ARGH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quilter in the making View Post
    Does anyone have the instructions so I can finish this? All the links I've tried no longer work. I did not print them out as I worked, was just referring to the links as needed. Unfortunately, due to life interfering it has taken longer than I thought. I believe I am finished with step 4 (but not sure as the link doesn't work) and can't move on to the finish without the instructions. ARGH!!!!
    I printed out the instructions because I had a feeling that I would not get very far on it. PM me and I can send you the pages you need. My life also interferred with my quilting plans.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    here is a pic of my quilt. i had a couple of extra blocks so i added them to the side borders. all in all i like the results. its getting quilted, bound and given to a family member. i had about 25 more family/friend quilts to make. shortly i will have 24 remaining. yay!

from this
    Attachment 300796

to this
    Attachment 300798
    You said you had 25 quilts to make - shortly 24... so where do we stay turned to see the other 24 ?????
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Blog Entries
    oh. just stay signed up to the board. they will follow. i have completed and handed out 17 already so i am pacing myself. if i partipate in a few more one day mysteries and a coupla of quilt alongs this year i know that i will get through them. i have about 5 tops made, a christmas strip twist sitting on my table now just need to assemble it, three that are basted waiting on me to quilt them. i'm getting there i promise.

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
    You said you had 25 quilts to make - shortly 24... so where do we stay turned to see the other 24 ?????

Blog Entries
    We done a mystery quilt in our quilt guild it was a lot of fun

I keep running out of time in the day to get a good picture of my quilt....hope I can tomorrow love everyone's

Blog Entries
    Speaking of mystery quilts have you seen the one in a Magazine ? let me run and grab it .....

It starts in the McCalls Quilting Jan/Feb 2012 and runs for three months ... I think I am getting addicted to these mysteries and my Quilt Club is doing one

Blog Entries
    Speaking of mystery quilts have you seen the one in a Magazine ? let me run and grab it .....

It starts in the McCalls Quilting Jan/Feb 2012 and runs for three months ... I think I am getting addicted to these mysteries and my Quilt Club is doing one
    hmmm three months? that would be a challenge for me but i will look into it. the year one on craftsy is going to be a big challenge for me to stay mentally engaged but i have some riley blakes, amy butlers and kaffe fassets i think would look great in some of the blocks she is proposing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtgirl View Post
    I keep running out of time in the day to get a good picture of my quilt....hope I can tomorrow love everyone's
    xtgirl we are still waiting on your pic. hope you get the prefect light soon.

Blog Entries
    The page had been removed and I couldn't find it. Sounds interesting. I've never done a mystery quilt before. I'll be watching your post.
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook Be my friend Join my group
    Leesa Kemp's Material Things Fabric Sales and Auctions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
    The page had been removed and I couldn't find it. Sounds interesting. I've never done a mystery quilt before. I'll be watching your post.
    essentially this pattern basically is a rail fence with two of the rails made up of three smaller squares. we cut a lot of squares and now that i have done it, there are some shortcuts that would help with less cutting/sewing.

Blog Entries
    I was surprised they pulled it down so fast- I thought for sure they would leave it up for a bit so others could finish it, but maybe they thought people were printing it out to finish later ?

Blog Entries
    that was the first time for me to do something where i did not have printed directions i could hold and read (sigh) had a time getting used to it but it turned out ok and now i have a new skill set.....but the computer is going back to its spot...was in the way next to the machine

Fabriclovr
    I was surprised they pulled it down so fast- I thought for sure they would leave it up for a bit so others could finish it, but maybe they thought people were printing it out to finish later ?
    They usually only leave it up for 2 or 3 days after its finished. It is now available for sale. If you liked this one, they always do another one on Super Bowl Sunday. I don't see the notice of it yet, but if they do like last year, it will be announced soon. I will put a message on FB and see what I can find for everyone

Fabriclovr
    Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
    that was the first time for me to do something where i did not have printed directions i could hold and read (sigh) had a time getting used to it but it turned out ok and now i have a new skill set.....but the computer is going back to its spot...was in the way next to the machine
    On each step, there was a link to a PDF file. Not only can you save the PDF document to a file on your computer for future use, but you can print them out and 'hold them in your hands'. You should have said something and we would have helped you with that step

Quote Originally Posted by Fabriclovr View Post
    On each step, there was a link to a PDF file. Not only can you save the PDF document to a file on your computer for future use, but you can print them out and 'hold them in your hands'. You should have said something and we would have helped you with that step
    That is what I did, both printed and saved. I can send a PDF if needed. PM me.
    Sweet Caroline

Fabriclovr

OMG, Sitting on my computer, within inches of my fingers is the Jan/Feb issue LOL I had my DH pick it up for me because I wanted to do the Jinny Beyer quilt on pg 72.. skipped right over the mystery quilt on page 40!

With all of the pieces that need to be made and some of the matching that needs to be done in this 1st step, it will not only be a challenge for beginners, but also for those of us that are a little weak at matching intersections.. especially on bias triangles. should be a good challenge, I'm in! I will start a new thread just for this one.. Whoo HOoo a new mystery quilt

Blog Entries
    so i guess you gotta go buy the mccalls magazine to do this mystery quilt. i looked on their website and blog and saw nothing mentioned of this mystery quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabriclovr View Post
    OMG, Sitting on my computer, within inches of my fingers is the Jan/Feb issue LOL I had my DH pick it up for me because I wanted to do the Jinny Beyer quilt on pg 72.. skipped right over the mystery quilt on page 40!

With all of the pieces that need to be made and some of the matching that needs to be done in this 1st step, it will not only be a challenge for beginners, but also for those of us that are a little weak at matching intersections.. especially on bias triangles. should be a good challenge, I'm in! I will start a new thread just for this one.. Whoo HOoo a new mystery quilt

Fabriclovr
    NEW THREAD STARTED

I started a new thread for the McCall's mystery quilt. It strangely enough is called McCalls Quilting Jan/Feb 2012 / 3 month mystery quilt LOL

Blog Entries
    You have to buy the magazine - but it is only 3 months worth and you can't hang out with us some more Come on you know you want to ..... LOL

I am going to be finishing my next week. I got sick the day after the challenge.

I love the pictures I have been seeing. I don't know if I am going to do the McCall's challenge since I have a goal of making lapquitls for my neices and nephews this year for Christmas and I have to get started soon.

Blog Entries
    this magazine is only printed bi-monthly so this will take about six months to even get all of the directions.

You have to buy the magazine - but it is only 3 months worth and you can't hang out with us some more Come on you know you want to ..... LOL

Blog Entries
    uuuhhh... well we won't be rushed at each step ??? LOL

Fabriclovr
    Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    this magazine is only printed bi-monthly so this will take about six months to even get all of the directions.
    You are absolutely correct! I didn't realize this till I went and looked and thought about it... so that gives us extra time to work on the intersection matches! I also bit the bullet and subscribed to the magazine. Figure that the next issue will be here by the time my subscription kicks in and the nearest JoAnn's to me is a 40 mile round trip, so the price of the mag is a savings over the price of the gas that it would take to go and get it, not to mention the amount of money I would spend on fabric 'because I was in the store' ROFL.

Oh, sometimes I just crack myself up! LOL

Ok, I finally took pics of my quilt top. Here it goes.....it was really fun. I hope to finish it this weekend( i have a longarm) and PS I bought the McCall's mystery quilt magazine, however I'm completely inexperienced with triangles, so not sure I'll bite It was a lot of fun working with everyone!

Jen
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast