New Year Mystery Quilt >

New Year Mystery Quilt

New Year Mystery Quilt

Old 12-26-2011, 03:36 PM

I'm doing in (scrappy version)....should be fun
Old 12-26-2011, 03:48 PM

It sounds like fun. I will join in too.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:54 PM

I want to join in..anyone interested in posting the fabric they selected...I don't have any jelly rolls and not sure I can find anyplace to buy one before nyd, so I'm a little stumped.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:35 PM

This sounds like alot of fun. Is there a way we could all get together here to post our pics and discuss our progress?
Old 12-26-2011, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Xtgirl View Post
I want to join in..anyone interested in posting the fabric they selected...I don't have any jelly rolls and not sure I can find anyplace to buy one before nyd, so I'm a little stumped.
you can do a scrappy version like pamesue and chose whatever colors you like. i just received a jelly roll in a swap so i will post it as soon as i have a chance to look through things. for my light i was thinking white but i also have a light tan tonal. whichever color looks better with the jelly roll is the color i am going with.

i am planning to do this mystery quilt without buying one piece of fabric.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by patiese1 View Post
This sounds like alot of fun. Is there a way we could all get together here to post our pics and discuss our progress?
i think that is what sharon had in mind for us to do it along the way together. if you havent done a mystery quilt before, the ones that last one day, the clues are usually posted by the hour. there will also be a chat group online for this new year mystery quilt so we will probably have that site up simultaneously as this quilt board. it should be fun.

i hope you are doing better patty.
mar

Last edited by Havplenty; 12-26-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:29 PM

Looks like an interesting QuiltAlomg....I'venever do done one. Is the mysteru pattern free or willwe have to purchasit? I see otheragtern for sale for $8 on planet patchwork and was just wondering....
Old 12-26-2011, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by lucky_alf2 View Post
Looks like an interesting QuiltAlomg....I'venever do done one. Is the mysteru pattern free or willwe have to purchasit? I see otheragtern for sale for $8 on planet patchwork and was just wondering....
this quilt along with be free as the clues will be posted online for making the quilt. on new years day the planet patchwork website will be posting clues probably by the hour up to the finished quilt. there are a couple of their quilt alongs that are still online.

here is the link for the "gems in the ruff" one day quilt along.
http://www.planetpatchwork.com/katie...ny/default.htm
Old 12-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Power Poster

Havplenty- I am so glad you mentioned a swap here I have several bags of strips from a swap here this summer - WOO HOO now I don't have to worry about that part

xtgirl- you can make your own Jelly roll it is only fabric the width of the fabric 2 1/2 wide - make it scrappy

Havplenty Thank You for answering all the questions- I was at work all day , I appreciate your helping so others don't have to wait hours until I get home from work

yep plan on being here and I already signed up early for the hourly door prizes from Planet Patchwork - be sure to go to the main site to sign up also- I tried to do the chat from their site a couple years ago and didn't have much luck
Old 12-27-2011, 03:58 PM

i think il do this mystery and im going to see if my sister-in-law whants to play to it would be fun to do it with someone else. i have a few jelly rolls so now i need to decide which one i whant to use.