Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Year Mystery Quilt >

New Year Mystery Quilt

New Year Mystery Quilt

Old 01-01-2012, 01:31 PM

[QUOTE=Havplenty;4831385]someone pleeeeezzzz promise there is an end to part 3. pleeeezzzzzzzz!!!

I told you it was boring. But, there is an end. LOL!
Old 01-01-2012, 01:41 PM

And...the top interior!

I will probably have to stop here; we have tickets to a hockey game tonight, and it's getting close to time to go. Absolutely *gorgeous* pictures you've shared--I'm blown away!

Such a great pattern; very forgiving--I know I'd forgotten just how "scant" scant had to be, so my units were slightly small, but they worked well together anyway.

I'll post again when I'm able to get the borders on; I'm looking forward to that part!

Thanks for all the pictures, kind comments, and support. It's been great!

--Q
Old 01-01-2012, 01:46 PM

Tomorrow is another day, I have had enough for today. Finished step 2, but I admit I had more than the 23 strips when starting this step. How or why I don't know, but boy, did I miscount, (maybe they multiplied through the night). Oh well, it will be a bit bigger than lap size. Step 3 in the morning.

Thanks for posting the links for the different parts, hard a hard time finding them at first.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Power Poster

LOL Love all the pics - We are still plugging along here . Took a short dinner break Dad is soing the dishes now and we are back sewing I just finished pressing a tone of step 3 Sis is ready for #5 ( She is such a showoff ) LOL
Old 01-01-2012, 02:28 PM

you bet. how did she get to step 5 already?? between my furbabies finding out they needed to love on me now(biting toes at sewing pedal, rubbing on me, mewling at me), my machine sounding like its going to explode and having to cut extra sets i am somewhere but nowhere near the end. hanging in there until i get it assembled though. i know the end is near.
hmmm... i'm thinking about having that new year's toast about now.

Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
LOL Love all the pics - We are still plugging along here . Took a short dinner break Dad is soing the dishes now and we are back sewing I just finished pressing a tone of step 3 Sis is ready for #5 ( She is such a showoff ) LOL
Old 01-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Fabriclovr

OMG! Step 5 is rough!! Even thought I layed the blocks out as they would be sewn, somehow I got them twisted. Well, the rows are together now to sew them into a top. I think once that is done, then the borders will be a no brainer. Thinking that maybe another hour and I should have it done.. will check in again later.

I love all the pictures of the progress. From FB.. we are not alone, they are having some of the same issues and they are also behind in the sewing

Old 01-01-2012, 02:45 PM

Inside pieced. Borders are going on. Yeah!!!!
Attached Thumbnails 100_2290.jpg  
Old 01-01-2012, 02:51 PM

Just finished step three. I "cheated" a while ago and did some of step four out of boredom so that's partially done. Step three is all pressed. Love, love, love what everyone is posting. Wish I could figure out how to post pictures. I'll go onto the main board and ask someone to help me. I'll probably stop for at least a while. Need to ice my knee again...lol.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Power Poster

I think step 2 was a bit much for an hour That is where I fell off the time wagon LOL McDaniel You are doing awesome- I already told sis she can't go home til the top is finished - she may hurt me yet ........

Thanks for the Facebook updates- now I fell better
Old 01-01-2012, 02:57 PM

luv... see post #261. i left you some instructions on how to post pics. lemme know if you still have questions or dont understand my directions.

Originally Posted by Luvluvluv2quilt View Post
Just finished step three. I "cheated" a while ago and did some of step four out of boredom so that's partially done. Step three is all pressed. Love, love, love what everyone is posting. Wish I could figure out how to post pictures. I'll go onto the main board and ask someone to help me. I'll probably stop for at least a while. Need to ice my knee again...lol.