Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Year Mystery Quilt >

New Year Mystery Quilt

New Year Mystery Quilt

Old 01-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Power Poster

XT it is gorgeous !!!!! Is that you peaking out ?

Ooohhhh you bought the magazine... now you have to join us Just think of all the practice on those triangles, by the time you are done you will be an expert
Old 01-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Fabriclovr

Originally Posted by Xtgirl View Post
Ok, I finally took pics of my quilt top. Here it goes.....it was really fun. I hope to finish it this weekend( i have a longarm) and PS I bought the McCall's mystery quilt magazine, however I'm completely inexperienced with triangles, so not sure I'll bite It was a lot of fun working with everyone!

Jen
Jen, it is beautiful! You bought the mag, now you have to join us! LOL

If you follow the directions in the mag, they tell you step by step how to do the triangles. Personally, I try to stay away from them, but it is time to break the phobia and just do them. I did a couple of test squares and they were as easy as hot as a hot knife in melted butter!

Old 01-08-2012, 09:45 AM

very very pretty!!!!!

Originally Posted by Xtgirl View Post
Ok, I finally took pics of my quilt top. Here it goes.....it was really fun. I hope to finish it this weekend( i have a longarm) and PS I bought the McCall's mystery quilt magazine, however I'm completely inexperienced with triangles, so not sure I'll bite It was a lot of fun working with everyone!

Jen
Old 01-08-2012, 06:44 PM

I did not know there was a group on gb that was doing the New Year Mystery Quilt. My dd and I both did it and were asked to post pics of them. This is a pic of dd quilt. I will have to make mine smaller in order to post.
Attached Thumbnails 024.jpg  
Old 01-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Power Poster

TooMany- that is so neat I did mine with my Mom and sister ! Wasn't it fun to have someone sitting close by to help keep you going .... especially cutting all those small rectangle units LOL

I am thrilled that you posted your daughters pic here and can't wait to see yours
Old 01-08-2012, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Fabriclovr View Post
You are absolutely correct! I didn't realize this till I went and looked and thought about it... so that gives us extra time to work on the intersection matches! I also bit the bullet and subscribed to the magazine. Figure that the next issue will be here by the time my subscription kicks in ......
i guess i will go look for the mag and strongly consider this 6+ month mystery quilt. from some of the questions posted on mccalls website regarding the 1st part of the instructions, it may be a bit of confusion. i may do a subscription also. it's only $14.98 for the subscription versus $5.99 each for the magazines. i look at is this way, i will get 3 "extra" mags for the price. yay!!!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:36 PM

very warm and pretty colors.

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
I did not know there was a group on gb that was doing the New Year Mystery Quilt. My dd and I both did it and were asked to post pics of them. This is a pic of dd quilt. I will have to make mine smaller in order to post.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:06 PM

Thanks for the compliments. It is fun to have others quilt with you. I always get behind and then give up. Friends keep you going. One of my friends called twice a day to see what step of the mystery I was on. After a week I finally got the top done. I'm so slow.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Power Poster

Toomany- we allget that way- glad you could keep going

The McCalls shouldn't be too bad as we have 6 months to get it done since the magazine is bimonthly

And we are looking for a Super bowl Day mystery
Old 01-21-2012, 07:57 AM

Default New Years Mystery Quilt

Here are my fabrics for the McCalls mystery quilt.I will start on mine tomorrow.
Attached Images