Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Year's Weekend Virtual Quilting >

New Year's Weekend Virtual Quilting

New Year's Weekend Virtual Quilting

Old 12-31-2017, 10:54 AM

Here is another binding done! My DD fell in love with this one when she was visiting - wondered if I could make it king size for her. This one took enough work getting it this big, don't know if I'd want to tackle going another round or two!

I sewed the combos into strips and then cut triangles, so I had some leftovers to use on the back side. I like to use leftover backing on these smaller quilts too.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:55 AM

Oh my! I just realized I have one block upside down! Oh well, way to late to do anything about it LOL!!
Old 12-31-2017, 11:21 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586293[/ATTACH]Some Swedish Star ornaments I made for little gifts. Unfortunately was sick most of Dec. with bronchitis so am finishing what I said I was going to complete for the previous VQW lol! Post more tomorrow. Have a safe and Happy New Year everyone!
Attached Thumbnails img_20171231_1004273_rewind.jpg  
Old 12-31-2017, 11:50 AM

I've been squaring up flannel 4 patch blocks. Have to cut chenille squares (probably next weekend) that will
alternate with the 4 patch blocks. Sure wish I had started this quilt sooner. Could definitely use it this week as
temps will be in the single digits here and wind will send it to below zero (wind chill factor).
Old 12-31-2017, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
here's a link to the free pattern for you http://www.maryquilts.com/boxed-squares/
Thank You!!!
Old 12-31-2017, 12:50 PM

Wow...beautiful pictures..Macybaby...you are rockin it, girl! Gorgeous completions.

Nesie....adorable ornaments. So glad you are on the mend. I was sick thru holidays, too..then hubbie got it....Our Christmas was postponed for tomorrow so I am baking treats for my treat tray for the family. On my 4th cookie recipe, made peanut clusters, then going to make cheesecake bites. That should be enough. I may hit the sewing room later today to finish swap blocks.

Happy New Years! I'm hesitant to mention this but it's 78 degrees today...running around barefoot with windows open.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:05 PM

Treats...mmmm, sounds good! A friend brought some kind of turtle thing she made, really easy. Small pretzel topped with a rollo candy (intcomes in a roll, chocolate covered caramel) and then topped with a half pecan. Microwave just a tad until the candy starts to melt, take it out and push the pecan down to squish it all, and let cool.

Anyway, not actually quilting this afternoon, but I am taking some time to put a few more pictures and pages into my quilt journal. It has fallen way behind, it is easy to take pictures and have them on the computer, but today I am printing some out & trying to document the patterns, who they went to etc.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586304[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails card-holder-2011001-small-.jpg  
Old 12-31-2017, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Happy New Years! I'm hesitant to mention this but it's 78 degrees today...running around barefoot with windows open.
Rub salt in the wound, high today so far is -4 don't even want to talk about the wind chill. Not going anywhere!

Did get the table runner finished, now working on BOM from 2015. It's a Jinny Buyer from Craftsy, doing as much as possible by hand. Here is runner will attach the binding when I get home.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586305[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_20171231_1236506_rewind.jpg  
Old 12-31-2017, 01:42 PM

Ooooo....dang, I will write down this rolo recipe for next year. I love Rolo's..... For your visual pleasure.....peanut clusters, coco chip cookies, sugar cookies (my grandmothers recipe), lemon cookies....last recipe to go...
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 12-31-2017, 01:52 PM
Power Poster

Macybaby, holy cow you have blown me away with all your projects. Love the basket quilt your mom made and what a fabulous canvas for some drop dead quilting!! That applique quilt of yours (is it hearts of darkness only done on light background?) turned out so spectacular. I was almost bummed that you didn't opt for a completely solid back to show off all that ditch work you did, practically a whole cloth. Then that kaliedescope (aka spiderweb) in blue in yellow completely knocked my socks off. What a spectacular demonstration of what can be done with fabric placement. Take a bow girlfriend!

Chasezzz, that rainbow quilt is drop dead gorgeous. I hope you started a thread in pictures with it. If not, please do so as many members will miss it otherwise.

I am longarming this weekend and working on this all batik HST quilt for my ex SIL (amicable divorce so all parties are still friends)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586309[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc06403.jpg