Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Year's Weekend Virtual Quilting >

New Year's Weekend Virtual Quilting

New Year's Weekend Virtual Quilting

Old 12-31-2017, 09:42 PM
Power Poster

If you can stand one more pic of the Bonnie Hunter Mystery, here is what I spent the day putting together:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586346[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3215.jpg  
Old 12-31-2017, 10:00 PM

I decided I'd do something this year I've not done in a long time - be awake for New Years -

Happy New Year! I'm heading off to bed now.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:34 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I decided I'd do something this year I've not done in a long time - be awake for New Years -

Happy New Year! I'm heading off to bed now.
I've given up on trying to do that... I never make it, even when I was young.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Two more bound. I had one done right after lunch, but wanted to wait to show them together, since they have the same center panel.

Here is one with the panel as bought. I "fractured" the orange flower fabric on the border.

And this one the panel is "fractured" it's actually four panels cut and sewn back together. Probably was not the best choice for this method, but I got a deal on the panels so figured - why not?

This is the back of the second one. Notice the different fabric at the bottom? I miss -figured when I pieced the back and ended up short on the LA. At least I remembered a video I watched that showed how to add on without taking it off the frame, and that worked very well.

I've got four more to bind (two are quite small). I'll leave them for tomorrow.
you did a super job with this one!
Old 01-01-2018, 04:19 AM

I did not realize this was the week-end for sewing on the board, but I have been sewing. Getting ready to start the 1718 quilt today. Decided it was a good year to give it a go, 2018. Using Couture cottons by Michael Miller. Will start today.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:14 AM

I'm ready to get one more day in sewing before it's time to get back to work. At least it's one more short week!

It got so cold last night, DH and I were tossing hot water in the air and watching it crystallize. I'm hoping today will be the coldest day of the year! The nearest town measured -23F and we normally get a bit colder. Outdoor digital thermometer errors out at -19.9 and it's still showing offline.

I did some serious work on the BH Mystery last night, got a good start on the last clue. I'm looking forward to getting that one ready for quilting - so I can get on to my next project!
Old 01-01-2018, 06:26 AM

Theresa, very interesting celebrating New Years at the time of the old country. Your curtains are wonderful, very drapeable.

Marcia
Old 01-01-2018, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Theresa, very interesting celebrating New Years at the time of the old country. Your curtains are wonderful, very drapeable.

Marcia
Marcia, we have always celebrated New Years Eve with my dad's family. Growing up it was at my grandparents home and after they passed, it turned into a round-robin where it changed places every year. As everyone has grown and had families of their own, no one wanted to stop the tradition. This year we had 5 generations there, it just keeps happening. The only change has been to celebrate midnight at 5:00pm. I have never done anything else on New Years Eve other than the family gathering. My mom and dad will celebrate their 68th wedding anniversary this year, and my mom has never missed one either. I think it is wonderful that the newer genrations want to keep it going. I like the family continuity through the years:-)

I would like to thank everyone for their kind comments on my curtains. I know they are not quilted, but I was happy to share with other sewists. Now back to the Bonnie Hunter mystery which is no longer mysterious
Old 01-01-2018, 07:40 AM

Wonderful projects everyone! Love looking at all the pictures Theresa can I have your guest bedroom! So restful and welcoming. Hope everyone had a safe New Year.

I didn't do the MQ but did follow and save the instructions. Her quilts are nice but just not my cup of tea. Didn't know a bought any other MQ's, many have to look for them when I have the computer.

I have been hand sewing but it's getting time to start cleaning up to head home. Should be able to stitch in the car so might get the block I'm working on finished today. Will check back when I get to civilization.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:02 AM
Power Poster

Started the new year sewing together two more donation tops. Now all 5 need to be prepped for quilting. I'd love to deliver them later this week. First, however, I cleaned the machine and put on the ruler foot in preparation for the start of the ruler work course posted in the links forum by Pagzz... this is a link to the first class https://blog.patsythompsondesigns.co.../archives/8334

Happy New Year everyone

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586373[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586374[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20180101-8x8-blocks.bmp   20180101-8x10.bmp