Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Year's Weekend Virtual Quilting >

New Year's Weekend Virtual Quilting

New Year's Weekend Virtual Quilting

Old 01-01-2018, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
Started the new year sewing together two more donation tops. Now all 5 need to be prepped for quilting. I'd love to deliver them later this week. First, however, I cleaned the machine and put on the ruler foot in preparation for the start of the ruler work course posted in the links forum by Pagzz... this is a link to the first class https://blog.patsythompsondesigns.co.../archives/8334

Happy New Year everyone

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586373[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586374[/ATTACH]
What pretty tops, they are so serene feeling and have such pretty fabrics.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:22 AM

two more bound - only two left. I'm making good progress on the BH Mystery too.

This was my "practice" Affairs of the Heart blocks - to see if I could do the machine embroider. They turned out nice enough I went ahead and did the whole set of 36. Then I used it to practice the outline quilting before doing the larger one.

This is the ombre quilt I made that resulted in a large pile of scraps - that got put into the OMG quilt. Lots and lots and lots of 1" squares (cut). I felt like I was sewing confetti with that one.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:56 PM

Finished the top for the Merry Mayhem Mystery Quilt baby today. Still needs borders. It was fun! Then I promptly dropped it near the front door and got stains on some of the white blocks. Hope they come out.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586397[/ATTACH]

Watson
Attached Thumbnails dscn9653.jpg  
Old 01-01-2018, 02:12 PM

macybaby, your rose quilting is beautiful.

I finished all the quilts I wanted to get done this weekend; I'm so happy! I'm all set for my quilting group tomorrow afternoon. I'm taking a couple of the 2017 BOMs to piece the tops together. Now I need to do a little cleanup in the sewing room!

Thanks for quilting with me this weekend. I have truly enjoyed reading about your experiences and seeing pictures of what you've been working on. See you back here in a few weeks.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:46 PM

I didn't get any sewing done but I did spend some time cutting squares. I am planning 2 Christmas quilts. One using 9 patches and one using 4 patches. Both will use 2.5 inch squares. I think I have cut out about 1500 squares so it is a start. I have some more cutting to do but I think I am ready to start sewing.

Good work for all those who have finished something this weekend. I may not be able to join you for the next weekend because I will be coming home from vacation that Saturday.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:26 PM

Watson, I did the baby size too. I added side borders but think the proportion is okay now without top and bottom ones. Also did a floating square in square flimsy for a charitable quilting group I lead that meets tomorrow. All the finishes are great...love the LA work but never see myself doing it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586408[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586409[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails merrymystery.jpg   squaresquare.jpg  
Old 01-01-2018, 05:35 PM
Power Poster

Love those Merry Mayhem quilts. So glad I downloaded the clues for later!

I have really enjoyed seeing all the photos of all the beautiful pieces. Thanks to everyone who shared this weekend. Happy 2018 to you all!
Old 01-01-2018, 05:39 PM

here are the last two quilts bound - Yea! I have no unbound quilts at this point (though I've got plenty of unquilted ones).

This one is based on a paper pieced block by Pat Bono, but I converted it regular piecing. At one point I had a whole bunch of these. Made one full size quilt for a friend, and now this little one for another friend. I still have enough for a quilt to keep.

And the last one - I think this is my favorite of the bunch. It started out as the medallion for the 365 block quilt. But after I got it done, realized it was too "matchy" for my scrappy quilt. So I set it aside and made another for that quilt. However I really liked the colors, so picked out several of the 3" and 6" blocks that were star like and made a bunch to go with it. The center is one of the alternate corner blocks for that quilt - one I did not use but I wanted to make it so here it is. I took the original center medallion apart and reused the components.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:47 PM

I do like Merry Mayhem's design this year. I was not going to do it, but I was at loose ends this afternoon while the longarm quilted a couple of charity quilts. So, I pulled some fabric, and here's my top (baby quilt size - need to figure out how to grow it to 50x70 for donation). Other than that, I'm still working on assembling bits of my Bonnie Hunter mystery.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586412[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mm.jpg  
Old 01-01-2018, 05:53 PM

Wow, Cathy, you are always so busy! Do you machine bond your quilts?