Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Next project ready! >

Next project ready!

Next project ready!

Old 12-30-2013, 08:59 AM

Default Next project ready!

I'm going out of town overnight but spent most of yesterday and part of this morning cutting everything out for my next quilt. Now I can just look forward to sewing when I get back. Something to look forward to and a great productive way to begin the new year! I'm not always disciplined enough to cut everything first but I like it when I do.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:17 AM

I recently did the same thing. Was going to a sewing night didn't have anything or time to put together something to work on. I had a FQ pack and found a couple of patterns so I took that to cut out. I now have 2 kits ready to go, put them each in a box with the pattern and next time I am in a hurry and need something will have it ready. I really enjoyed doing that so much that I was thinking about doing some more!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:23 AM

Some people are so organized. LOL I have good intentions, but they don't always work out. Know what I mean? Have fun sewing when you get home!!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 12:29 PM

I finished my Christmas gifts early (like Dec 15), really cleaned and purged my sewing room after and was going to take it easy til the New Year started....Got a baby quilt top almost done and blocks started for a beachy type quilt...just can't stay away from my sewing room for very long, but I wouldn't want it any other way!
Old 12-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Power Poster

I take my crazy quilt project with me when my husband and I do errands on Sundays if I know we might stop at his office or I'll take a hand embroidery I'm working on. I usually have a hoop or 2 in my tote. When he says he'll only be about 10 or 15 minutes I know it can take up to an hour or longer. I get a lot accomplished.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:06 PM

It's always nice to have portable projects!! I've got a bunch of hexie's in a container that I can grab in a minute. Also have embroidery projects and panels to embellish. All the projects that I have started are stored in acid free boxes so when I'm in the mood for a different one I just have to pull it from the stack.