Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Nice yard sale haul today :)

Nice yard sale haul today :)

So, after 30 minutes of pestering the hubby, he finally went to some yard sales with me. And while he found nothing (I take that back, he found two crossbows which got a firm no) I got a big paper sack stuffed full of fabric (some scraps, some 41/2 inch squares, a few FQ's and a bunch of nice big pieces of yardage) AND a singer 7420 machine for $20. ANd then I found an old singer dressmaker with the cams for $20. The old girl is going to need to go into the shop for a tune up at the very least, and maybe a new belt. But she is mine! I told hubby now I just need to find me a nice treadle machine and the look he gave me was hilarious. He was "You have *three* machines now, you don't need a treadle" Pfft...husbands lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

What fun!! Love the blue machine. I'm crazy for those machines as well. If they are cute, have potential, need a home - they come with me!! Nice fabric haul! Score! You'll have fun this weekend for sure!

Blog Entries
    What fun ! Your items are so nice !

Yep, you gotta watch those crossbows. DH bought a medieval-style crossbow as his Xmas gift from me. He said "I'll just cut down my junk arrows to make bolts for it." Uh-huh. A handsaw and miter box didn't cut the way he wanted. He had to get a table saw to do that.

And then, guess what! There wasn't enough lighting in his workshop to see to cut by. He had to install track lighting to see the saw to cut the arrows to make bolts for the crossbow that was only $250!
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    Both quilts and husbands help keep you warm,
    but quilts never grumble when you buy more fabric.

I was a very happy camper, to say the least. And may have a lead on a singer treadle machine...just have to figure out a way to sneak it home without the hubby knowing until it's too late for him to say no lol

Banned
    The Dressmaker is not a Singer. It's a Japanese machine built by Matsushita. Nice find though.

Cari

Good job!!!
    Retired teacher, loving it.
    Love quilting also.

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IceLeopard View Post
    Yep, you gotta watch those crossbows. DH bought a medieval-style crossbow as his Xmas gift from me. He said "I'll just cut down my junk arrows to make bolts for it." Uh-huh. A handsaw and miter box didn't cut the way he wanted. He had to get a table saw to do that.

And then, guess what! There wasn't enough lighting in his workshop to see to cut by. He had to install track lighting to see the saw to cut the arrows to make bolts for the crossbow that was only $250!
    Bet he finds something more he "needs" for that project! lol

Power Poster
    ​Well done!

Great score!

Great find at a garage sale.

You don't need a treadle machine? Since when does "need" figure into the equation? LOL
    Who needs therapy? I quilt!

Great finds at the garage sale!!! My husband is into drones -- talk about big boys wither big (expensive) toys! LOL!

Linda in MO

Tudey- I know right? I figure I'll just bring up all his steam games (last count he had going on 300 of them) the next time he says I don't need another machine. "Oh, so you *need* all those games, but I don't need a treadle machine?"

Linda- Hello from a fellow Missourian. And yeah, for my guy its not drones, it's computers and games. But I agree, big boys and big toys. They really are like kids sometimes!

Nice haul! Lucky find on the machines!
    Some people know how to put a blessing into any situation!

Fun finds!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I have a green dressmaker that looks a lot like that one. When I found the owners manual, it said it was a White.

Yard sales!! Don't ya' just love 'em?!! You really lucked out! Congrats and enjoy!

Oh, I bet it feels good to get such a haul. Enjoy your "new" machines.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Great haul!
    Wish you lived closer, I have a treadle that needs to be adopted by a loving person. I really need to start getting rid of some of my machines.

Jennie, where in Missouri are you? I might be able to talk the hubby into a road trip lol.

Blog Entries
    Awesome haul

Tiny Tiger, I live clear up in the NW corner of the state...north of Maryville, if you know where that is. About 100 miles north of Kansas City. Our son lives in Columbia.

When I brought home my great-aunt's treadle machine my DH came in one time when I was using it and said - Nice - a little exercise is better than no exercise. So tell you DH it's the quilter's treadmill.

Jennie- I have someone t hat goes up to the KC area now and again. Next time he goes I might just have to try and arrange something lol.

quiltingcandy- I will have to remember that argument, he goes to the gym about twice a week, I could just say a treadle machine is my home gym lol