Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Nine Patch Project >

Nine Patch Project

Nine Patch Project

Old 09-07-2010, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
WooHoooooo...If the deadline was changed to Aug. 30th, I finished on time. I finished on the 27th! :thumbup:
GOOD JOB! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I didn't participate, but by golly, I just think it had to have been one of the finest challenges and encouragements any level of quilter could be involved with.
I am enjoying seeing what the nine patches got used for. <wave>
Old 09-08-2010, 04:03 AM

GRATS TQ! I knew you could do it! :thumbup:

I am sitting on a stack of 9Ps that will go into a lap quilt for my Mom who is having her second total hip replacement Nov. 1st. I really can't wait to get it together BUT...I have all of the sudden become a costumer. :roll:

The last time I made clothes was...um...high school? That was a long time ago! My DS will be a stage manager of the Cutting Edge Haunted House this year and decided he needed a new costume. :? Oh and he needs it by this Saturday! :shock: It is a golden yellow suit coat and pants. I talked him into PJ style pants, those I can handle, the jacket, oh my, I guess we will see. :roll: Then he tells me when it is done he is going to cut it up and "age" it. :cry:
Old 09-08-2010, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Swan Song
GRATS TQ! I knew you could do it! :thumbup:

I am sitting on a stack of 9Ps that will go into a lap quilt for my Mom who is having her second total hip replacement Nov. 1st. I really can't wait to get it together BUT...I have all of the sudden become a costumer. :roll:

The last time I made clothes was...um...high school? That was a long time ago! My DS will be a stage manager of the Cutting Edge Haunted House this year and decided he needed a new costume. :? Oh and he needs it by this Saturday! :shock: It is a golden yellow suit coat and pants. I talked him into PJ style pants, those I can handle, the jacket, oh my, I guess we will see. :roll: Then he tells me when it is done he is going to cut it up and "age" it. :cry:
My EYE!
You will hie your little hiney down to the thrift store and find your own jacket to "age" ....!
at least, that is what I would be saying to my not so DS ... LOL
Don't you just hope you live long enough to hear that child say: "You have to give me some WARNING! Planning is NOT a bad thing!" LOL <wave>
Old 09-08-2010, 07:42 AM

My DD dragged him to several thrift stores and upon returning said not so sweetly that she would NEVER take him shopping again! :? I searched for hours thru costume places online and found a suitable outfit. I was thinking "YAY!" When it got here it didn't look anything like the picture. :-( It was awful so I am going to now have to return it. So...off to JoAnn's for their Labor Day sale and I insisted on the $1.97 Broadcloth and the McCall's patterns on sale for $1.99. I did forget shoulder pads for the jacket and I am not going to go back to get them. :x
Just wait till he sees what I have planned for him in payment. :wink:
Old 09-08-2010, 10:16 AM

If he doesn't mind floral shoulder pads, I can send you a BUNCH! ... mail goes out on Friday <wave>
Old 09-08-2010, 10:52 AM

:lol: Would serve him right! He has always been more particular about his clothes than any of his sisters!
Old 11-20-2010, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by ScrapQuilter
Hello everyone....... here is an update on my 9 patch project.
93 of the little 5" blocks done....... almost there :D :D

Was thinking of adding a3" border the alternate with nine patch
and pinwheels and then another 3" border then finnish with a scrappy binding.... What do you think??? any other ideas???
:thumbup: :thumbdown:
hi love this!! hoe did you make the variegated pinwheel block that joins the 9 patches?? lovely!!
love jacquie xxxxx
Old 11-20-2010, 05:02 AM

Beautiful!!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:50 AM

When I started this project i loved the idea of using scraps but I am not good at "random". Someone sugggested that I use the scraps from my family's quilts to make it easier to use different colors together. After making the 9 patches I decided to twist them. I was not very happy with how they turned out but I pushed on and finished it. This blanket has become so special to me I can't even explain. My SIL says it's a mothers quilt kind of like a mothers ring. I feel so close to my family and I have it over me everytime I sit in the living room. Kind of ugly? Yes but treasured even more.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-132410.jpe   attachment-132411.jpe  
Old 11-23-2010, 08:37 AM

Your quilt is beautiful. You did a great job on it. Thank you for sharing your pictures of this very special project!