Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
No clock on my sewing machine >

No clock on my sewing machine

No clock on my sewing machine

Old 09-14-2014, 08:19 AM

Default No clock on my sewing machine

Good thing there is no clock on my sewing machine, that where are you I can convince myself I have only been quilting a couple of hours. LOL
Old 09-14-2014, 11:27 AM

Most of the time I have to set the timer when I sew or I will sew for hours. Unfortunately there are other things to do at home than sew. Sigh...
Old 09-14-2014, 01:09 PM
Power Poster

I don't check the time when I'm sewing unless I have a favorite show coming on or have to be somewhere. Many times DH will say are you cooking dinner tonight and I'll say I just had lunch is it dinner time already? Just make a sandwich and make me one too please.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:08 PM

There is a clock in my sewing room that I can see from most areas as I work. Today, for lunch, I was baking a quiche that needed to cook for 45 minutes. I took a timer set for 43 minutes to the sewing room so I wouldn't forget to take the quiche out of the oven on time. I spend every spare minute quilting and often use the timer.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:20 PM

Friday afternoon I put 6 eggs to boil. [you know where I'm going, right]. Then I thought "I think I'll call my sister in Indiana and we talked 40 minutes. Eggs on high. We opened windows, all the doors, I'm still scouring the pan. And wiped down cabinets, walls, floor, etc, etc. Little pieces of shell and eggs all ooooover the place. I forgot to set the timer on the stove. LOL
Old 09-14-2014, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by barny View Post
Friday afternoon I put 6 eggs to boil. [you know where I'm going, right]. Then I thought "I think I'll call my sister in Indiana and we talked 40 minutes. Eggs on high. We opened windows, all the doors, I'm still scouring the pan. And wiped down cabinets, walls, floor, etc, etc. Little pieces of shell and eggs all ooooover the place. I forgot to set the timer on the stove. LOL
Oh no that's terrible! I've come close to similar tragedies. What is a tragedy is that we do have more to do than just sew. Lol.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by barny View Post
Been there done that, more times than I care to admit, LOL. Bought a new stove a few years ago with a timer on it and still sometimes forget to set it, or if I'm in my sewing room I don't hear it go off.

Cari
Old 09-14-2014, 05:26 PM
Power Poster

My oven has a stop cooking timer. I can set it and the heat turns off. It has saved me many times. I can't hear or if I do hear the low oven chime for the timer it just doesn't register to me even if I'm in the kitchen. I need a bullhorn to go off.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:33 PM

I do have a clock on my machine -- I like it and really missed it when the battery died. I'm always amazed at how quickly the time passes!
Old 09-14-2014, 11:49 PM

I bought a really nice clock with the temperature included...I love it.

I always like to know what time it is. It bugged me at the school where our kids were going that every classroom didn't have a clock! (So I bought one for each classroom that was my kid's home rooms.--Poland--not expensive ones--about $6/clock).