Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a clock in your sewing area?

I'm just realizing what's missing in my "new" sewing room. A clock! I admit to being a clock-watcher, although I wish I wasn't. There isn't a room in my house without at least one clock, and most rooms have two. If I didn't watch the clock, I'd be the last one to dinner, and I'm the only one who cooks :shock: Especially if I'm sewing, I lose track of the time. Surely, I'm not alone in this... am I? Or is it a phobia or something. :roll:

Blog Entries
    I'm with you girl! I have clocks everywhere too. Once I'm into sewing I lose all track of time and get mad when I have to stop!

O have a clock and I am amazed how time FLIES by.... I must be having a WONDERFUL time if it moves that fast. I am needing to get a battery for a timer ... I want to start stopping after an hour of sewing or quilting and go walk on the treadmill for a little exercise and to refresh the brain.

I am the same...clocks everywhere!! I DO have one in my sewing room..:-D

Ditter

Phew, okay, I'm feeling better about this. Not a phobia at all.

Pam
    Me, too, clock, tv, radio, record player.

Banned
    no clock here either.

I have four clocks in my sewing room. Every room in my house has at least one clock. The time on them may or may not be correct though. Some of them are a hassle to "spring forward and fall back" so I tend to leave them on one or the other.

no clocks, no watch, I just sew till I want to stop!! Of course I can only do that on evenings after work or on weekends.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Clocks everywhere. All set 5 - 7 minutes fast so I am never late!

I also normally have calendars in just about every room, but not in the last two years. At least not store bought ones. I print out my own.

I do have a clock, but I haven't changed the battery for a long time and it keeps getting slower and slower. I think it's about 5 hours behind. Someday soon it will slow down to the right time.

Blog Entries
    I do but the battery is dead.

Blog Entries
    No clock in my sewing room! I just start sewing and don't give any thought to the time. I have been known to start at around 9:00 at night and all of a sudden it's 3:00 in the morning!! Then I get mad because I know I should get to bed -- but I'm not sleepy!! After 9-1-1 I stayed up all night sewing dog booties then taught school that same day! I started them at around 4:00 in the afternoon, and by the time I was finished I had made about 150 booties! Our school students decorated them with markers and off the booties went to New York City to Ground Zero!

If I have something I need to do or someplace I need to be at a certain time, I take some handwork into the living room where I do have a clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    I have four clocks in my sewing room. Every room in my house has at least one clock. The time on them may or may not be correct though. Some of them are a hassle to "spring forward and fall back" so I tend to leave them on one or the other.
    I have one Atomic clock so I set the others accordingly. But during the spring ahead or fall back times, I allow myself 2 days to catch up. I hate changing time. I live east of the Mississippi but function better on Calif. time. :roll:

Blog Entries
    I have a clock to remind me there are other things that need to be done besides sitting at the sewing machine!

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    I do but the battery is dead.
    That is the best kind of clock for a sewing room!!! I have one but I try not to look at it and just enjoy my time there.

My tv has a clock and I use it.

I do not have a clock in my sewing room since my time in there is all pleasure! I do have the ability to check the time on the tv, but it's rarely necessary.

I do have a battery operated clock in my sewing room -- which is always at least 5 min. slow....I need it to just give me a "general idea" of what time it is -- how much more time do I have to sew before I have to do (laundry, take clothes out of the dryer, get dressed before company comes, etc. :lol: :lol: )

I do have a clock in the sunroom where I sew, but I can't see it from my sewing table. I have either the radio or tv on most of the time, so that gives me some idea of the time, plus I always have my Blackberry with me That has a clock on the face. If I have limited sewing time, like in the mornings before work, I set the timer on my Blackberry. It plays Fur Elise when my time is up.

nope, no clock for me
    I get up every 30 min, I think and walk around some

No clocks for me in the sewing room. I work 5 days a week so on the weekend I can do what I want. I have skylights in my sewing room, when it starts getting dark, I know that it is getting late, maybe time to go downstairs. Or, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by virtualbernie
    I'm with you girl! I have clocks everywhere too. Once I'm into sewing I lose all track of time and get mad when I have to stop!
    Me too!

This may sound strange but i do NOT have a clock in the sewing room. That is one place i lose myself in and don't want to know what time it is. My husband is very good about letting me know if it's getting late. On the week-ends i love to go in there and do whatever for how ever long i'm in the mood. I don't even take my cell phone in there. I think i need a support group! :oops:

Banned
    Throw everyone out of the house you have to cook for and then throw the clocks out....lock the doors and waa laa! No more watching the clock. :thumbup:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast