Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
No gumption to sew!!! >

No gumption to sew!!!

No gumption to sew!!!

Old 11-09-2009, 02:42 PM

I know what you mean,I went to a quilt show this weekend and really got inspired to work on something. I get startedon one and realize the material I picked out,lets see,10 years ago or more! Dosn't match as good as I thought it did,so I get most of cut out then come to a stand still while I try to find something that does match.The idea is to use up what I have,not buy more. The only thing to do is to use a different pattern.So I don't have to buy material.I guess.

We are retired,this is my hb first year for not working at all,I think it is driving him crazy,and me too. He just sits under foot all day,if I talk to him he doesn't even answer me,I guess it's ok to do a wife like that,but if it was a frind or one of his brothers,he wouldn't do it,or if I did it to them I would certinly here about that. Then I get in a bad mood and boom time to eat and watch tv all day. Been thinking about getting a job,but then all that days is make you pay more taxes.

Oh,well Boo hoo,,,I got way off the subject.

I did get my rag quilt done. I just love making them.No spending money to have them quilted. But tomorrow I am getting back to my 10 year old materail plan to make something out of it. It is hunt club material,should match my dark green couch.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:05 PM

Patty - maybe you could find a LQS to go to sit and sew, quilting friends are the best...
Old 11-09-2009, 09:53 PM

Hi quilterJ,

I think we've all had these times for one reason or another. You've received some wonderful advice and ideas from others. Some of things that help me, especially this time of year are:

1. Quilt with a friend once in a while.
2. Make sure you have enough lighting in your room.
3. Put on music or some other tape if you want.
4. Eat right, drink plenty of fluids.
5. Get some fresh air daily if possible.
6. Have your doctor check to see if you're low in Vitamin D3. I was really low, so started a supplement and am feeling much better after several months.

Oh, and if you feel overwhelmed and like you've got "too much to do", you might really have too much to do and might consider re-evaluating and deciding what's most important to you and your family.

Hang in there. You'll get your 'groove' back soon.

Happy sewing!