Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: No Santa for me!

Quote Originally Posted by belmer
    Go in your sewing room and start organizing your fabric and all your scraps..... And you will feel like you just purchased more fabric, At least it keeps Me from buying more.
    I know how compulsive I am too, but I just keep telling myself enough is enough!
    That sound like a good idea. I'll have to try it. I keep vowing not to buy anymore, but I can't resist a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsM
    I have started to delete the fabric shops e-mails before I can read them.
    LOL........that's exactly what I've been doing too!

Quote Originally Posted by ann clare
    I would say that Santa came early. Enjoy.
    Ditto this! Just enjoy. Sounds like you got some good deals.

I am the same way. I just straightened my sewing room again trying to figure out where to put more fabric and I am not finding any but I sure like to buy, buy, buy. Especially if I see sale, sale, sale. I try and limit but it is so hard. Yep New Years Resolution loose weight, you probably thought I was going to say no more fabric. ha ha got ya!!

Senior Member twospoiledhuskies's Avatar
    Buttttt, it's so much fun to be bad!!!!!! I have years and years of experience in this area. My DH attempts to tell me not to do this........ he knows I'm going to do it anyway. He just sighs :D :D

Same issue with me. No more room, but the desire for new is strong. This forum has a moitorium post..not buying fab for a year! I joined and so far for two weeks been good. Just like going on a diet. Planning a move in spring and really need to get rid of stuff.

I really need to reorganize my stash so I know what I have. All in containers but several are messed up so to say.

Bella Boo, I love ALL of the DH's comments. I would love to hear from others. Mine doesn't say anything about my fabric shopping. Eiltcoq.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziC
    I have been very Bad! I went online this morning and browsed the sale at Fabric.com....An hour later i checked out with a 37.00 total after the coupon code and got Free shipping. So i now have over 10 yds of fabric coming and i have no idea what i am going to do with it yet. Santa will be SO MAD! I keep telling myself..."no more fabric" I have absolutely NOOOOOOOO willpower. I think i need to have DH take away my laptop for a few months. I hope i am not the only one with this "illness"
    I am starting to scare myself. Any advise on how to stop being so compulsive?????????
    You bought it....
    ......your got it......
    ...........so now, ENJOY it........

Make something for Santa and leave it under the tree.....
    and I am sure that he will not leave you coal......

Maerry, merry.........

several times I filled out an online order but then I just didn't check out

I am so glad I'm not the only one with this problem. :lol: There are only 2 quilt stores near me, and a Joanne's about 35 miles away, but with winter here and snow on the ground, I don't get out as much to buy more fabric. Of course, there are other avenues to fall back on. A couple of weeks ago I did reorganize my fabric as Brenda suggested, and I must admit, it let me see just how much fabric I do have. My DH is a real trooper though. When he sees more fabric coming through the front door he just grins at me and shakes his head. So, with him in mind, I've taken a vow not to buy more fabric. (Does that mean I can buy a new purse instead??) :lol:

I have had days like that too. If I don't have money I can throw around I just delete the emails and get on with it. I know I really don't need anything usually. I was about to order this week when I opened another email and found out the toy fund from the town I am from (Pineville, West Virginia) had been robbed of all their toys so I sent the money to them instead. It's a struggle not to click on all those emails.

Blog Entries
    I have not bought any fabric latley but......... I sure miss finding all thos packages coming to my mail box......... no matter whether it is fabric or patterns I still love it when I get packages..... It is xmas time... be good!! lol

I use up fabrics from my shelves the go look into a tote and get more out. New fabrics all the time!!

Go in your sewing room and start organizing your fabric and all your scraps..... And you will feel like you just purchased more fabric,
    This is excellent advice....

Santa couldn't get in my sewing room!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I go on "binges" it seems. I will get tons of stuff and then go awhile w/o buying anything. I like the binging part better lol :D:D

Go in your sewing room and start organizing your fabric and all your scraps..... And you will feel like you just purchased more fabric, At least it keeps Me from buying more.
    I know how compulsive I am too, but I just keep telling myself enough is enough!
    I just finished reorganizing my sewing room. Spent a whole day just going thru my fabric. And it took a whole day. Felt just like Christmas.

Try saying to your self is it a WANT OR A NEED and then go from there... Sorry but I don't buy material I use all of what I have that has been given to me when I bought a quilting machine. The only material I did buy was for the backing. Merry Christmas

Instead of adding to shopping cart I now add to wish list. Keeps me from buying.

Blog Entries
    I justify buyin more fabric by telling myself that prices are going way up next year, and I won't be able to afford to buy anymore. And I only buy on clearance/sale under $4. And I delete most emails from fabric stores without opening them. And I've found fabric shopping is the best cure for depression. And I really don't spend much money on anything else. And...and...and....

Quote Originally Posted by Izaquilter
    This is going to sound strange but I was put on a new medicine that helped me stay awake, Nuvigil. It is like a speed. I run around & get a whole lot of nothing done but I found I did spend so much more money on internet than I had before I started taking this med! So I am trying to curb my buying while 'under the influence". DH doesn't really complain tho. I'm pretty good compared to some of the wives the guys he works with are. I've heard of them having a charge card & running it up to $10-20,000. I won't use a charge card thank goodness!
    one of my medications can do this too and my Dr asks me every time if I have any impulses the I have difficulty controlling, gambling, drinking, shopping.

Join the club, we stand right with you. Have a great time sewing and let us see what you make with those 10 yards.

I do not shop on line, BUT I have some really GREAT shops nearby! I do not need any more fabric, so I am staying out of the stores.

Guess what? You will find something to do with your fabric and besides, it really doesn't eat much!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsM
    I have started to delete the fabric shops e-mails before I can read them.
    I have begun to do that also. I say to myself, "I have too much already... so why even look". Sometimes I do look but no one is giving free shipping away unless you buy 'x' amount of fabric, etc.

Currently, I am re sorting my fabric and I am discovering fabric I had forgotten about. It is a nice discovery. I have also learned that I have had pretty good tastes in the past. I like what I have purchased. LOL We are funny creatures! :lol:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast