Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A non quilting pattern looked for. >

A non quilting pattern looked for.

A non quilting pattern looked for.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:02 PM

An acquaintance of mine is trying to replace some items a friend of hers had before she had a house fire. Her attempt to describe it is: "It was fabric and you put in on a plastic hanger and it had an opening on one side and it was essentially a pouch that she used for her dish rags and towels and stuff like that."

Although I think this is something she could probably just try to make, she is looking for a pattern for it. Does this ring a bell for anyone? I believe I've seen something like it in the past, but never have seen a pattern.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:09 PM

I purchased one similar to that. They had taken strips of fabric and bent a wire coat hanger and covered it with the strips and stitched the ends. The bag is a square with an opening about 1/4 from the top and there is a slit for the hanger to go through. The square is 19" wide finished and 15" long finished. The slit is actually where the two end of the fabric meet. Hope I didn't confuse you with this. Janis
Old 12-05-2010, 05:41 PM

Sounds like a smaller version of a diaper stacker? You can get sewing patterns for diaper stackers. I made one when my DS was a baby years ago.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:11 PM

This sounds like a clothes pin bag from years past. I think if you google clothes pin bag pattern you'll come up with something.

http://appliejuice.wordpress.com/200...othes-pin-bag/

http://blog.christyscreations.com/cl...-bag-tutorial/

http://www.clotilde.com/detail.html?prod_id=992
Old 12-05-2010, 07:48 PM

[quote=JanetM]This sounds like a clothes pin bag from years past. I think if you google clothes pin bag pattern you'll come up with something.
--------------------------
That was my first thought too, a clothes pin bag that you hung on the line and picked out the wooden pins. I could tell when I had grown each year by how I did not have to stand on my toes to reach the wire when hanging out clothing.
It shouldn't be too hard to make, lots of them were made "way back then".
Old 12-05-2010, 07:57 PM

hi Ladies. How wonderful you all are with your help. I suspect the one at christyscreations is the one she is looking for. I will send that url to her. I will also recommend that she join this wonderful group. I know she wants to make this for her friend but is just mind boggled at this time on how to do it without a pattern. This one looks like great directions. Thanks Again. Esther