Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Not Gonna Finish It >

Not Gonna Finish It

Not Gonna Finish It

Old 02-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
Originally Posted by kwhite
Oh for crying out loud. Send it to me and I will quilt it for you. Quit yer bitchin!!!!!
LoL, I was going to say this same thing, though a little more diplomatically. :D
That IS diplomatic for kwhite!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 02-16-2011, 07:59 PM

GaiGai, you are too hard on yourself. I love to piece and this is why I hand quilt. I can control everything. Bring it to retreat but whatever you do, don't stop trying. It's a challenge. Put is aside and do something else. If you want, bring it to retreat. I have a good "reverser", this is what I call my seam ripper. The Reverser. LOL Sending you hugs. I may have to make you a Dammit doll and send it to you. It works well. ROFL
Old 02-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
GaiGai, you are too hard on yourself. I love to piece and this is why I hand quilt. I can control everything. Bring it to retreat but whatever you do, don't stop trying. It's a challenge. Put is aside and do something else. If you want, bring it to retreat. I have a good "reverser", this is what I call my seam ripper. The Reverser. LOL Sending you hugs. I may have to make you a Dammit doll and send it to you. It works well. ROFL
Thanks Deb, but y'all just don't understand. I don't WANT to quilt. Period. I'd rather take up smoking. Or have weekly colonoscopys. I HATE to quilt. So why spend time doing something you dislike so much?
Old 02-16-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Oh for crying out loud. Send it to me and I will quilt it for you. Quit yer bitchin!!!!!
ROFLMBO. YOu bring that attitude to the retreat, I will love you for it. SO funny. ONLy between friends can we get by with it.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:11 PM

I hear ya. I don't like piecing. I mean REALLY don't like piecing. I have mostly made quilts like log cabins or Ohio Stars or Wickedly Easy - really fast and easy piecing so that I can get to the quilting part faster.

I made all the pieces for a 30's repro Drunkard's Path, I don't even know how long ago. All I have to do is sew them together, but there they sit in a tub. It gives me the same feeling as a giant pile of homework did in school. Ugh!

Too bad we aren't closer together. I would definitely trade tasks.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:12 PM

Gaigai - I understand, so don't quilt. Leave that to those who wanna. And do send it to Kwhite. LOL. I am still laughing, not at you but with you. YOu sound so upset. HOw about a glass of Desarona on the rocks? SO calming.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
I hear ya. I don't like piecing. I mean REALLY don't like piecing. I have mostly made quilts like log cabins or Ohio Stars or Wickedly Easy - really fast and easy piecing so that I can get to the quilting part faster.

I made all the pieces for a 30's repro Drunkard's Path, I don't even know how long ago. All I have to do is sew them together, but there they sit in a tub. It gives me the same feeling as a giant pile of homework did in school. Ugh!

Too bad we aren't closer together. I would definitely trade tasks.
It's a deal. I'll piece for you and you quilt for me! Win/Win!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
OK, I decided to make a baby quilt for one of my best friend's grandbaby. Born in August. Got the top done (love it) and made the sandwich, but I just cannot get the quilting. I have ripped it out more than six times. I HATE QUILTING!!!!! I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT! I swear I would rather re-marry my ex than every quilt anything again! (And that is SO not going to happen) So, I am not going to finish it. I may take it up to my LQS and see if I can pay someone there to do it. It's just a baby quilt, so it's way too small to send to my LAQ'r. Otherwise, I'm gonna sew a big X from corner to corner and use it for a dog bed, or a bath mat or a cleaning rag. Note to self: NO MORE SMALL QUILTS!!
post a pic-
Old 02-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Power Poster

Just do what you enjoy... the piecing. Then pay someone else to finish for you, or work out a trade agreement with someone-- you piece their tops, they quilt your quilts... Or pay with fabric or something.

No sense trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. You do not HAVE to quilt your own tops.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:55 PM

Hi Gai, I used to like handquilting...Now I have arthritis and too many grandkids to quilt all the quilts by hand...I do longarm quilting and many ladies send small quilts to me...So just find a nice longarmer nearby and you can have fun piecing lots of quilts!
Karen in la.