Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
not wanting to see computer patterns any more.  I miss facric showcasing design >

not wanting to see computer patterns any more. I miss facric showcasing design

not wanting to see computer patterns any more. I miss facric showcasing design

Old 07-05-2012, 09:26 AM

I take 'pretty coffee' mini retreats by going to my local Barnes & Nobel, browsing and picking out what I want from all the quilting magazines, then go enjoy my coffee while going through the magazines. That way I know if I really want to buy a magazine or not. I'm lucky my son & his wife, & my daughter too, give me B&N gift cards just so I can enjoy. I also use my son's account for a discount if I do buy a magazine.

ali
Old 07-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Power Poster

Sorry your book was a waste of money. I am the crazy lady that flips through the quilt magazines wherever I go. If the magazine does not have a couple of things that I want to try, I don't buy. If there is even 1 thing in the book/magazine I do sew, I figure it is worth it.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:32 PM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

Thank you all for posting. This was a civil war subject pattern book. To my surprise the front thank you was to all those that helped creat the blocks, using software. Bet they did that during the Civil War! HAH! So back to my usual nook at Half Price book store, or local library. I have quite the collection of books and magazines. Just zero interest in computer software designs, feel like the were drafted and untried. Thanks for the grumble time!
Ell