Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Obsessed with My New Accuquilt Go! >

Obsessed with My New Accuquilt Go!

Obsessed with My New Accuquilt Go!

Old 04-26-2012, 10:21 PM

Had my Go for about a week now, have only had a little play, in fact my 3 year old grandson has "turned" the handle more than I have. But all indications are it is a winner - just have to save up the dollars to purchase more dies and mats.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Power Poster

If they weren't so desperately expensive here I'd get one. So glad you have got such delight out of your purchase. It's terrible if you buy something and then think..."what was I thinking". Remember though....all those shapes have to get stitched together.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by gwenzie View Post
I have done the same thing. I think I am afraid to tackle the learning curve.
Ladies!!!!! Open those boxes and get GOing!!!!!!!!Nothing to be afraid of......you will be amazed at how easy this whole thing is. As far as cost of dies......you must be careful shoppers, there are great prices on the net in various places...just keep clicking....and there are new dies coming in May --- can't wait to see what they are.......
Old 04-27-2012, 05:38 AM
Swap Hosts

So far I have cut out pieces for a hex runner, two baby quilts using squares and HST's, an Amish quilt using the same, and now working on a tumbler for my bedroom!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
One thing I need to figure out is how to cut tumblers without a lot of waste. Any ideas?
Well, if you just flip fold the fabric, you might get enough "waste" to cut small squares or HST with the value die......or if it is just chunks of scraps, put those little pieces in a container, save them, and then use them to stuff a pillow for the local vet.....love them for the cages......called repurposing......either way, have fun......
Old 04-27-2012, 05:50 AM

I have read tips about using paper on top of your fabric to ensure accurate cuts and I was like ya whatever how the heck would that work? Well I am a true believer now! I did a practice cut with my 6.5 square die just to make sure and sure enough it was out by a bit, so I took a piece of paper and placed it on my fabric ran it through and ta da it was a perfect 6.5 square!! So now I am saving all of my used paper in the office that I would normally shred to use with my GO!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:52 AM
Swap Hosts

Geri, thanks for the tip. Now I'm sorry I tossed my strings -- and that is literally what they were!
Old 04-27-2012, 01:39 PM

Practically no learning curve! the Go is a bit 'stiff' when you begin, but it loosens up soon, and then it's easier to turn the handle. Start off with just 2 layers to cut. You'll soon figure out how to place your fabric. put a clean sheet of paper between the fabric & the die - keeps threads from digging into the die. That's about all you need to know to get started, so no more excuses!
Old 04-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Swap Hosts

Ohhhhh. So that's what the paper is for! Noted and done -- for my next manic cranking session!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:02 PM

i haven't had my go very long, but have made no secret i love it. the other day i decided to do another mystery quilt. clue 1 called for 638 2.5" squares. so... i cut a bunch of 2.5" strips, turned them and cross cut them into squares. i know, it's cheating, but it was so much fun. and yes, i do have the multiple 2.5" squares die, but was kind of trying to see if it was really necessary or if the strip was sufficient. now you know, too.