Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Obsession

It is gorgeous and will be worth the effort.

Breath-taking! Please finish it, and we want to see pictures!

Wow - it is already beautiful and you are doing a great job. I agree about not making this a burden. Maybe find a quick little easy project to do as a break. This quilt will be a treasure!

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    A true labor of love that you will cherish!

all I can say is WOW!

Power Poster
    Quite the project but oh my it is beautiful.

When it's finished you will have more pride in it than the other quick and easy projects. I hand quilted a few quilts that took forever but the feeling when they were finally finished was awesome! Your quilt is going to be absolutely stunning!

Blog Entries
    How beautiful!1 Keep up the good work!

I'm in the middle of a similar one myself, but looking at 3-4 years for a finish at the speed I go. LOL

It's magnificent! keep on stitching!

This is a tough one. Maybe you need to take a break for a short time, and work on something else. Something small and quick. Then revisit your quilt and maybe your enthusiasm will have returned.

You are doing great! It will be gorgeous when all is together! Save it for yourself and a nap! :)

Wow! You've risen to a huge challenge, and you're making a fabulous quilt by hand. I'm in awe. I agree that it might be good to stop and do a somewhat smaller project if you want to have a break, but this quilt is going to be exceptionally gorgeous.

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the colors and the pattern. I admire you for taking on such a large project that is all hand pieced. I just finished hand quilting my second log cabin and have been wanting to learn to hand piece and after looking at your project I really want to learn how. Can't wait to see the finished quilt, but I agree with some of the others maybe take a break and do something quick and easy

Blog Entries
    I love hand pieced items. These are the projects that I take with me and work on at work during my breaks or while waiting at the doctors office or while waiting for the kids after school. When I have "to go" pieced items I feel great because then I can still quilt with my busy schedule. Good luck with this.

I admire people who work on a project until they finish it. My mom's that way. Wish I was!! I tend to get to the point where it gets tedious or tiresome and I put it away and start something new! If it's a small or quick project, I'll finish it, but if it's intricate, or time consuming, I tend to get bored with it. However, I do go back and pull it out later and work on it with renewed enthusiasm at some point! I'd hate to feel that I HAD to work on something I wasn't enjoying. For me, quilting is about pure enjoyment!!! But I do wish I had a LITTLE more of that obsession to finish what I start!

That is gorgeous and worth all the time and effort you are putting into it. I have found that even though i want to see the completed project sometimes you just have to put it aside for awhile and work on something else. After a short break you can return to working on it with a new enjoyment. I am doing that with a GFG.

Moved from New Orleans to Port Neches, TX June 2014
    Blog Entries
    Oh, wow, hand piecing all those triangles :shock: You are very BRAVE!!!!! Keep going, the quilt is going to be a beauty!!!

What pattern is that?

Just relax and enjoy the process between other projects or make it a take-along-in-the-car project. I got two hand appliqued quilt tops done that way while waiting at the school bus stop. Just keep a case in the car with everything you need and try not to get discouraged...it looks like it's going to be a lovely quilt!

Wow! You're hand piecing this? Beautiful! :). I tend to get obsessed with projects and want to see the finished project too. Now that I am finished with my first lone star I am itching to start the other 3 but am having the same problem I had with the first...I can't bring myself to make that first cut! *lol*
    The advice about breathing and using music sounds good to me! I think I need to remember this is a hobby and supposed to be fun, too. :) Thanks for starting this thread.
    Janet

I understand what you mean about being obsessed with reaching the finish line. I've always been the same way, but recently I've been forcing myself to slow down, relax, and enjoy what I'm doing in the moment. I have a tendency to always be thinking ahead and I feel that it's taking away the pleasure of now. It seems to be working, but it's something that I have to make a conscious effort to do.
    Your hand pieced project is beautiful, try to relax and enjoy the process.

what a pretty pattern and blues, purples and gray, great combination. It sure does look like lots of work, but, the beauty that will come of it is worth it. Too beautiful to tuck it away somewhere

Blog Entries
    Oh no after all that work how could you think such a thing Now this would be a real crime and something the Quilt Police should investigate!! Slow down-Take a deep breath-and enjoy the process no matter how long it takes It'll be done when its done and not a moment before

It is ocean waves. I got the pattern out of the Better Homes and Garden's Quilt Mag (I think) in their Antique Quilts issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkee
    What pattern is that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast