Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
OBW cut out remorse >

OBW cut out remorse

OBW cut out remorse

Old 03-24-2011, 03:09 PM

I like how the blocks are coming along. Don't hit the panic button, yet. It is a work in progress. Have patience, patience, patience.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ewecansew
With the OBW, you don't sew hexagons. They are all set out and then sewn in rows. You don't see the whole hexagon until you are finished. What you have now is more like Bethany Reynold's Stack and Whack.

Don't be discouraged, they look fine!! You just need more of them. Keep going and you'll be surprised how well it all goes together. And yes, I agree, can we see the original fabric? Hang in there, I think you'll be glad you did.

And Ewecansew, OBW's are the ones made from Hexagons. It is the Stack and Whack that is different.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Power Poster

It doesn't take long to get them all together. They will be done before you know it.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:46 PM

But they are so stunning.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Banned

I don't care for these or the stack & whack...waste of time and fabric as far as I am concerned...never did see a finished one I cared for either...and the makers all complained about the left over waste of fabric...just not sure what the fascination is for these things...
Old 03-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I don't care for these or the stack & whack...waste of time and fabric as far as I am concerned...never did see a finished one I cared for either...and the makers all complained about the left over waste of fabric...just not sure what the fascination is for these things...
...and you think it is really necessary to answer in such a cutting way? How offensive to those members who love the OBW and Stack and Whack. This message REALLY falls in the "if you have nothing nice to say...." category.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Banned

WOW! What a nasty tirade! I've read just about EVERY OBW post here on the QMB and I've never read any such thing. And having made numerous OBW's, I can tell you there is no waste with this block. Please, if you're just here to cause trouble, take it down the road, it's not welcome.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:01 PM

Thank you Martina and Gaigai
I am new here and really didn't know how to
repsond to that person's reply.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:09 PM

I'm with you ladies. All quilts are beautiful in their own way. If you don't like something, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF! No one here wants to hear their hard, and beautiful, work is being judged on such a negative level. Seriously - I gotta ask, why would you post that?
Old 03-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Power Poster

I have taught and or helped any number of people with their OBW. And I have yet to have anyone complain of the waste. Just the opposite. I have had a few that were not happy with the end result but that can happen with any quilt. I have done several myself as well with completely different looks on all of them ( I even did a landscape one) to each their own.

I really don't think this comment was warranted.