Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: OH NO.....My Girl is Sick :(

My 6600P just told me she had an Error 5.....has anyone else had this problem? The instruction manual said to take it to my dealer for fixing and we were having a great time sewing till this happened :(
    sass

Blog Entries
    Hoping it is a quick and inexpensive fix (((HUGS))) :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by Sassylass
    My 6600P just told me she had an Error 5.....has anyone else had this problem? The instruction manual said to take it to my dealer for fixing and we were having a great time sewing till this happened :(
    sass
    No idea and I've got the same machine. DO let us know what Error 5 is ... and how much it costs!

Blog Entries
    :thumbdown:

Thank you....well it shouldn't cost me anything as I just got iton March 18 th.
    The book said it isout of order due to a problem in the control circuit....will let you know how I made out though.
    sass

Blog Entries
    When I have gotten that error message I just re-threaded it and everything is just fine. Thread comes off the upper loop sometimes and will cause this error message.

Blog Entries
    glad she is still under service warranty, good luck and hope she doesn't have to be in the sewing hospital very long

Quote Originally Posted by Sassylass
    Thank you....well it shouldn't cost me anything as I just got iton March 18 th.
    The book said it isout of order due to a problem in the control circuit....will let you know how I made out though.
    sass

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Do you have a back-up machine??? I don't want you going into withdrawal!!
    Glad you have the warranty. Hope it's not anything serious.

I would turn it off, re-start it, re-thread and try again. Sometimes my Janome 6500 gives me error messages and a re-start is all it needs. Why? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Kept In Stitches
    When I have gotten that error message I just re-threaded it and everything is just fine. Thread comes off the upper loop sometimes and will cause this error message.
    YES!!!!!! Thank you we are good to go!!! I had taken the bobbin out and tried it but didn't rethread.I turned it off and tried that but but doing it from the begining it worked!!!!!!!
    Thank you!!! I feel much better now :D
    sass

I did what Kept In Stitches said and it worked!! Everything looked fine but doing it all from the begining is what fixed it..but have to admit would like to know why I got that error!
    sass

Blog Entries
    Im glad it was only a few hours old Bug she had. And you were able to save loads of money taking her to the "electric doctor". LOL Electric Hospital is what a sewing machine repair shops name was over on the Oregon coast.

But I am so glad you got her working again. :)

Susan ,I had brought my back up machine up and was using it...think I heard it give a raspberry to my new one too...
    I did what kept in Stitches said and we are now up and running.I really should have known better to try all this...but panicked :(
    sass

Shelbie that is exactly what worked!!! So nice to have this one back up and running....I had taken the bobbin out and put it back ,turned the machine off and back on but didn't rethread...sheesh.
    Love your avitar too!!
    sass

Blog Entries
    The electronic machines are picky, aren't they! I think they just like extra attention....talk about high maintenance!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Im glad it was only a few hours old Bug she had. And you were able to save loads of money taking her to the "electric doctor". LOL Electric Hospital is what a sewing machine repair shops name was over on the Oregon coast.

But I am so glad you got her working again. :)
    Me too Deanna me too.....my electric hospital is quite a drive away .bout 1.5 hours..but......the chocolate factory is also there

:thumbup:
    Not that I need any..
    sass

Quote Originally Posted by cmagee84
    The electronic machines are picky, aren't they! I think they just like extra attention....talk about high maintenance!!! :)
    Gosh for sure.....but I am thinking we should call them HIMS and not Hers ...we ladies are not that fussy..
    sass

Sorry to hear, hope everything works out for you real soon!

Blog Entries
    Now, do you want to know the whole story on how I knew this???? After first getting mine after the 6600P just came out, I got the same error message and in a panick I drove all the way (45min. drive) over to the shop where I purchased it just to find out that all I needed to do was re-thread it! Was my face red!! Good excuse for going to the quilt shop I guess, huh? I'm so glad that someone else could learn from my red face moment....pay it forward!

Thank you..and yes my face was red too....something so simple and my drive would have been about 76 miles ...and yes I will pay it forward.love doing that :)

sass

Oh my, I hope it's nothng contagious. Let us know what made her sick. Do you have a backup?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum0077
    Oh my, I hope it's nothng contagious. Let us know what made her sick. Do you have a backup?
    No it isn't contagious...and thankfully easy fixed!!! Yes, I do have back ups...brought one up to sew on and then treid the rethreading and yippieeeee it worked..so back down to the basement my back up went :)
    sass