Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Oiling Juki HZL-F series and/or HZL-DX7 >

Oiling Juki HZL-F series and/or HZL-DX7

Oiling Juki HZL-F series and/or HZL-DX7

Old 05-06-2020, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Patricia Drew View Post
I have a Juki HZL-DX7, and there are no oiling instructions in the Maintenance section of the Operating Manual. From what I have read, there are conflicting opinions as to whether or not to oil.

The DX7 is apparently very similar to the HZL-F series.

My machine has developed a kind of "rasping" sound. When I unthread the machine, and remove the bobbin case, this sound disappears.

I've contacted Juki Product Support and have not had a reply. My local dealer sells mostly industrial machines, and doesn't appear to be very familiar with my domestic machine.

While waiting for information from either Juki or my local dealer, I was wondering if any of you have are oiling your machines and where.
I have a Juki HZL DX7 and developed a similar issue with a rasping sound when sewing. I tried everything under the sun to no avail. Eventually, in desperation, I tried oiling it, with amounts, one spot at a time. It eventually did resolve completely after I oiled the edge of the moving center circle under the bobbin case. The problem has never returned. My machine is heavily used almost daily and is over 3 1/2 years old.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-07-2020 at 03:14 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps