Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok am I mean or would you do it too?

Blog Entries
    I never hear No from DH because I don't ever ask him. ;-)

"I WILL be good and think happy thoughts - I WILL be good and think happy thoughts"

Blog Entries
    Well....my 90 something yr. old lovely MIL told me one time...."they can stop me from actually doing it, but they can't stop me from THINKING it!!"....She was talking about my SIL telling her that she couldn't use swear words in her house....I still laugh about it...And, I think it applies here too k... :lol:

Wow! Here it is whoever gets there first gets the item! Nobody waits until the next day for someone who called first.

Blog Entries
    Mine tried ONE time to tell me, "I don't remember telling you that you could do that..."

I simply replied with a glare and, "I don't remember asking! When did I start calling you "Daddy"? "

Nuff was said...like KWhite...he will try negotiation, but he's aware that I'm an adult, I make money too, and I'm not going to be "ruled" by him or anyone else.

As for Karma...I believe in it to a point...I don't believe that it applies to joking around when no real harmful intent is involved.

I ahve to say this , my hubby and I found a deal on Craigslist called and told them we WOULD buy it no questions asked because we lived two hours away fro where it was. On our way there we kept in touch via cellphone with the people, he never once said don't bother I sold it out from under you . We finally arrived and here is another guy loading it on his truck, my husband went up to the guy selling it and said , excuse me but I told you we were buying it no questions asked, the guy proceeds to tell us well this guy got here first. Let me tell you it wasn't hubby that went off , it was me because I was the one talking to the guy on the phone I told him he would get his and he wouldn't like it when it comes his turn.I am sorry if it makes someone upset if you tell them I have someone looking at it first but more people need to be like that. I know if they were this world we live in would be so much better, just like the good ole days when no one had to lock your doors and neighbors were neighbors there to help you out when you needed it.Sorry just my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by earthwalker
    I'm with Madquilter on the karma factor.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by kwhite
    I found a Grace frame for sale on Craigs list. I contacted to woman about it and she said there is someone else comming to look at it tomorrow and if she doesn't take it she will contact me to come see it. I find myself hoping the other woman wakes up to a flat tire. Am I mean or would you do that too?
    No I don't think you are mean; I found one on craigslist too. Sent the person two emails and they haven't responded. At least your's answered you and gave you a glimmer of hope. I'm hoping mine has been on vacation and not just ignoring me.

I found a Grace frame for sale on Craigs list. I contacted to woman about it and she said there is someone else comming to look at it tomorrow and if she doesn't take it she will contact me to come see it. I find myself hoping the other woman wakes up to a flat tire. Am I mean or would you do that too?
    Hi Kwhite...you aren't mean but I have to tell you, I didn't have a flat tire this morning................

just kidding, it wasn't me after that Grace frame!

;-) ;) ;)

I am away for the winter and a friend back home wrote and told all the ladies in our quilting group that she is moving due to husbands job and can't take her Grace frame....

it could be anyone's taking for the going and taking it apart and taking it home with them....

I am too far away for that possibility. I am hoping that one of the ladies took the opportunity or perhaps took it to the church where we quilt, and we all will be able to benefit from her loss......

Will find out soon who the lucky person might be.......but I know it isn't me!!!!!

Well no e-mail to say yea or nay. So I assume I didn't get it. Oh well. We have started a gret convo here so it was all worth it.

Well no e-mail to say yea or nay. So I assume I didn't get it. Oh well. We have started a gret convo here so it was all worth it.
    I think I'd give her a call anyway -- she might have lost your email...

Banned
    dreaming of a simple life. Living off the grid!
    Just remember what comes around goes around......and sometimes the going around is worse. If you are meant to get it you will but I feel you shouldn't wish bad things on a person even if it is only a flat tire.

Well it was sold. Unfortunatly. Oh well if I am meant to have one I will have one.

Well it was sold. Unfortunatly. Oh well if I am meant to have one I will have one.
    So sorry :cry: But don't give up -- keep looking! I'm sure you'll find one that you want that is better for you than that one :D :wink:

I ususally go by the golden rule and when things don't turn out the way I want them to I say to myself "It wasn't mine. So there must be something better waiting for me. I just have to be patient." If it's intended for you you will have it!" I hope you get it tho! :)

Its okay if you just think it! If you actually DO something to cause her problems, THEN you would be considered mean . . .!

Blog Entries
    My thoughts are, Just wish real hard that she does not want it or just doesn't show up to look. Best to keep an open mind than to wish bad luck on another! I will keep my fingers crossed that you will have the opportunity to get it! :)

I would never put a hole in someone's tire to give them a flat.

Now unscrewing the stem is whole different thing...............

Blog Entries
    You guys are funny. I was thinking it would be interesting if she is a member and tells us on this post how much she likes it. It's a small world. The one you get will be better and even more special.

at this address www.sewvacdirect.com I bought mine for 600 dollars. It only has about a million pieces and takes up quite a bit of room but it sure is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gal
    Yes I believe in karma, what will be will be, you will get it if it was mean't for you!

Gal
    This just tells me that you need to get out & search for another one. There is always one more somewhere. I'm so sorry you missed that one though

Quote Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Just remember what comes around goes around......and sometimes the going around is worse. If you are meant to get it you will but I feel you shouldn't wish bad things on a person even if it is only a flat tire.
    Peach Relax girl I am kidding. I would never wish anyone ill will. Even those in my life that have probably deserved it. My last boss for example. He put me through hell for 6 years. I worked with cops and when I would "vent" they would tell me I am the kindest angry person that any of them had ever seen.

I am not mean in my opinion. I do however like to stir the pot for fun every now and then. I love a good argument and eliciting a good debate really gets my blood pumping.

Oh BTW I found another. It is a little gracie. It is even less money then the other one. I have to do a little research though.

Hope that you do get this one. I have one and love it although I did upgrade the carriage recently.

Blog Entries
    I have a question that does not pertain to the preceding topic, but I don't know where else to ask it. I just finished 2 Q4Ks and have them ready to mail in the a.m. The question is, will I be sent more automatically, or do I need to ask for them?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast