Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok Bunny Hoppers!!

This is my first try at the hop too - and dial-up is EVER so slow! Especially when we keep getting thunder storms and I have to shut off the machine.
    I have only had about 4 shops where I could not find the bunny - but am no where near to 130 shops and am getting discouraged!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rein
    This is my first try at the hop too - and dial-up is EVER so slow! Especially when we keep getting thunder storms and I have to shut off the machine.
    I have only had about 4 shops where I could not find the bunny - but am no where near to 130 shops and am getting discouraged!
    It IS discouragingly slow, especially on those shops that load like 130 pictures of fabric before the page is loaded. Not that I don't like looking at fabric, but like it in manageable chunks.

I always spend time reading the home page. Often there is a clue there that cuts down on a lot of waiting for pages to load. If no clue, try the newsletter. If you're still looking, start going through the categories but don't go farther than one click away from the home page. Once that system is exhausted, well, it's just sheer perseverence and looking.

I have only done this a couple of times, and remember the first time I found something like 12 bunnies. April was my first "all found" and I used the same system Terri already suggested.

I swear, some of these companies forgot to put the bunny on their site! I have been on the Foothill Fabric (letter D) site for over an hour and can not find the darn thing. It is almost 2 am, I am going to bed. Grrrr...

Quote Originally Posted by JoanneS
    Thanks for the hints, and , Skeat - that you think it's harder this time, too :? Later, I'm gonna have to clean out cookies. This may turn out to be the biggest time-waster yet :twisted:

I

Well, at least it keeps us out of jail!:)LOL I have only won once...and it wasn't a great experience...so, let's hope most have great experiences when they win certificates, etc....I really enjoy the 'shopping'....:)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkrose4664
    I swear, some of these companies forgot to put the bunny on their site! I have been on the Foothill Fabric (letter D) site for over an hour and can not find the darn thing. It is almost 2 am, I am going to bed. Grrrr...

DITTO!! ditto....ditto...I passed on them....:)

****spoiler alert for Foothill Fabrics******

http://www.foothillfabric.com/merch/...?cat=patdesign

I love you tirnhi! LOL

Thank you, one down!

Any idea on any of the others? I only have 17 stores left to visit.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the tip Terri :lol:

OK - I gave it another shot last night and found 39 - in 4 hours. Still not sure it's worth it!

The BEST part - I was reading 'About Us' at Dakota Log Cabin when all of a sudden I realized she had just said the name of the place my mom was born - Lodgepole, SD, pop. 17, where my mom was born in a SOD HOUSE in 1913! So, OF COURSE I sent an Email immediately. DLC is in Hettinger ND, pop ca 5000. I know it well, having visited umpteen times. The owner knows all my relatives - everybody knows everybody in a small town with only one school. Mom taught school in a 1 room schoolhouse in Lodgepole in the 30s before she & Daddy married.

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi

Thanks so much! One more found!!!
    Kendra

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanneS
    Thanks for the tip Terri :lol:

OK - I gave it another shot last night and found 39 - in 4 hours. Still not sure it's worth it!

The BEST part - I was reading 'About Us' at Dakota Log Cabin when all of a sudden I realized she had just said the name of the place my mom was born - Lodgepole, SD, pop. 17, where my mom was born in a SOD HOUSE in 1913! So, OF COURSE I sent an Email immediately. DLC is in Hettinger ND, pop ca 5000. I know it well, having visited umpteen times. The owner knows all my relatives - everybody knows everybody in a small town with only one school. Mom taught school in a 1 room schoolhouse in Lodgepole in the 30s before she & Daddy married.
    I love reading their newsletters!!! :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi

Thanks Terri, that one had kicked my butt...left it behind after 20 minutes of searching :roll:

Blog Entries
    Oh for heavens sake... :roll: :oops: :oops: :roll: I had the page partially minimized while watching Flirt and Rumor and totally missed that one...I remember those quilts :shock: :lol: :lol:

Okay I am down to my final three!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't find Bear Paw Quilting, Main Street Cotton Shop and Waechter's!
    Oh well I guess missing three on my first attempt isn't too bad!!
    Kendra

Blog Entries
    I'm REALLY happy to say that I finally got in the swing of the Bunny Hop and now have 89 bunnies! I couln't find Main St Cotton's either and a few others that I'll go back to again.

I'm throwing my hands up! haha I can't find 2 of them and the link doesn't work on another one. All but three, not bad. I'll be dreaming of bunnies 2nite. Now off to finish sewing my top together.

KGood,
    here's bearpaw

http://www.bearpawquilting.com/cgi-b...eywords=fleece

I tried to go back to main street but couldn't find it again. That was a hard one!

Waecter's link is broken

I couldn't find Homespun Hearth or Jane Quilt.

ok, found homespun. haha

Blog Entries
    ok - as of 2:30 am I have found 165 bunnies and can officially quit looking. I can put my obsessive compulsive head to rest. I did find one site I really liked - Everything Quilts. They really DO have everything. I haven't had time to compare their prices yet.

I reread the 'rules', and they say you only have to visit 130 sites to qualify for the Grand Prize drawing. Why did I think I had to visit 165? I could have quit HOURS ago :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

One Irony - the Dakota Cabin site In Hettinger, ND near Lodgepole, SD where Mom was born - it's one of the few i've visited and NOT FOUND THEIR DANG BUNNY! I may take another look tomorrow just for the h of it :?

Now I'm wondering if Patches has foaled yet?

LOL Joanne.
    That bunny gets addicting!

No, Patches is standing there like a slug.

Banned
    Finished it last night :D

4 left to go!

(DCFVENTURES COM LLC dba Quilt Kits Online, Main Street Cotton Shop, Satin Moon Quilt Shop and Waechter's Silk Shop)

Quote Originally Posted by Kj05
    4 left to go!

(DCFVENTURES COM LLC dba Quilt Kits Online, Main Street Cotton Shop, Satin Moon Quilt Shop and Waechter's Silk Shop)
    Ok, found Satin Moon Quilt Shop

Ok, 1 left.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast