Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Okay, here's another applique question >

Okay, here's another applique question

Okay, here's another applique question

Old 01-07-2010, 02:58 PM

Thank you, Barb M, for defending me. However, I don't fault Patrick for his comments. I have a great deal of respect and admiration for people who have the creative talent to come up with these great patterns. My talents lie in other areas. I can sew, but I am not particularly artistic or imaginative. Because of that I'm happy to pay Patrick and others for performing this service for me.

You, Barb M, made an interesting comment about "gifting," and it does bring up a valid question about where one draws the line between legitimate and illegitimate sharing/selling. Patrick has provided some insight by bringing up the issue of intent and it can serve as a guide to all of us when sharing or reselling a book or pattern. Quilters, by nature, are frugal people and so it's natural for us to want to resell, share, and swap. But there are others just trying to make an honest living and to support their families just as the rest of us are.

Please, no hard feelings.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by bstanbro
Thank you, Barb M, for defending me. However, I don't fault Patrick for his comments. I have a great deal of respect and admiration for people who have the creative talent to come up with these great patterns. My talents lie in other areas. I can sew, but I am not particularly artistic or imaginative. Because of that I'm happy to pay Patrick and others for performing this service for me.

You, Barb M, made an interesting comment about "gifting," and it does bring up a valid question about where one draws the line between legitimate and illegitimate sharing/selling. Patrick has provided some insight by bringing up the issue of intent and it can serve as a guide to all of us when sharing or reselling a book or pattern. Quilters, by nature, are frugal people and so it's natural for us to want to resell, share, and swap. But there are others just trying to make an honest living and to support their families just as the rest of us are.

Please, no hard feelings.
I knew you were taking my comments for what they were, Barbara, friendly advice - sharing something that I knew and trying to inform people who maybe didn't understand (through no fault of their own). I do respect you and appreciate the exchange we had but, now, I admire you as well :)

I'd like to share a little of my work with you. If you would please go to my website at www.patricklose.net and take a look at my patterns, I'd like you to choose any 3 that you'd like to have and we'll send them to you, okay? Just send a quick email to [email protected] and tell Gary which ones you'd like to have and give him your shipping info. Again, I appreciate your wanting to do the right thing. Most quilters do.

Have a great evening.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:34 PM

Wow, thanks! That's really not necessary, but I'd never turn down such an opportunity. I'm headed there right now.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by bstanbro
Wow, thanks! That's really not necessary, but I'd never turn down such an opportunity. I'm headed there right now.
There are a couple of cat patterns there that you might like...? But take your pick.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:46 PM

Well i'm glad Patrick that you clarified that you respect Barbara, that was all that i wanted. And no hard feelings at all Barbara, all's well that ends well, right? :)
Old 01-09-2010, 06:32 PM

I'm fairly new to applique and self taught, that tip will be helpful.