Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Old "vintage?" fabric >

Old "vintage?" fabric

Old "vintage?" fabric

Old 08-31-2011, 08:16 AM

Hi,
I opened some boxes of fabric that were from my Mom's that we had packed away in storage for years. I found alot of interesting fabric and do not know if they are really worth anything or not.

For instance...there's a piece of Disney (almost a yard - flannel) that I know is about 50 years old - I remember having pajamas that my Mom made me out of it when I was young.

Also, some Raggedy Ann cotton fabric.

Can anyone walk me thru how to post pictures here? So far all I know how to send them is thru email. Can anyone help direct me to someplace to check on the value of these pieces and to price them correctly?

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:21 AM

You might want to check eBay and Etsy to get an idea of pricing.

Also, remember that you need to be a "regular" to sell here. It doesn't take long. Just refer to the rules at the top of this topic page.

Good luck!!!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:34 AM

I would definitely sell on Ebay, you are limited to what you can ask for fabric on the QB. Not the place to sell "collectible" or vintage.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:41 AM

What a great find!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Coconut
Hi,
I opened some boxes of fabric that were from my Mom's that we had packed away in storage for years. I found alot of interesting fabric and do not know if they are really worth anything or not.

For instance...there's a piece of Disney (almost a yard - flannel) that I know is about 50 years old - I remember having pajamas that my Mom made me out of it when I was young.

Can anyone walk me thru how to post pictures here? So far all I know how to send them is thru email. Can anyone help direct me to someplace to check on the value of these pieces and to price them correctly?

Thanks.
Good morning.. I'm looking for some Strawberry Shortcake and Hollie Hobbie older fabrics, and Raggedy Ann too.. If you can't post on QB yet, you can PM me by clicking on my name - BrendaY.
Hope you can help me.. oh yes, I'm just needing small quantities of 1/4 yard or even scraps.. Brenda
Old 08-31-2011, 10:28 AM

I recommend Etsy rather than eBay. The costs/fees are less and Etsy is only about handmade stuff and the stupplies needed and vintage items. Love Etsy.

Originally Posted by Coconut
Hi,

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:14 PM

Thank you to everyone who responded.

I didn't realize that I cannot sell on this forum yet - sorry if I broke the rules.

Actually, I was mainly looking for help in determining the value on some of the fabric pieces - especially the Disney. Although, I'm not sure I could part with any of it....well maybe....LOL!

I looked on ebay to try to find similar fabric, and cannot find anything like these.

I just opened another box....all trimming and edging pieces!
Brings back so many memories of my Mom.