Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Older Bonnie Hunter Mystery Pattern??? >

Older Bonnie Hunter Mystery Pattern???

Older Bonnie Hunter Mystery Pattern???

Old 01-06-2023, 06:34 AM

Default Older Bonnie Hunter Mystery Pattern???

Hello, I made one of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt patterns back 3-6 years ago and yes, it's still waiting to be quilted. My sister nabbed it when she saw it and my goal this year is to get all the quilt tops hanging on my pole done this year. Of course this was also my goal for 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. You get the picture. Anyway, I told her the other day she needed to decide how she wanted it quilted, custom, partial custom and E2E. I've found the photos of 2 of them she nabbed by WIngs in a Prayer but can't remember what the name of the BH pattern is. Went on her site to see if I could find it for sale so maybe it's in one of her books. I have 4 of them but with my luck it will be in one of the more recent books which I don't have.

I normally save all the steps on my PC but can't seem to find it there plus I know I must have printed it out while I was working on it so where did it escape to?

ANyway, it's in her colors of red/rust, gold/yellow, grey, black and cream if that helps anyone to figure out the name. Having the name might help me locate it. I'd take a photo but its so big and I don't have anywhere to take a decent photo with it being winter and ugly, dirty outside.

Hope someone can help me with the name. I know this is a long shot but thought if anyone could come up with the answer, it would be one of you'all.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-06-2023, 06:59 AM

Maybe Allitare I probably did not spell that right, but it and a picture is listed under digital patterns on Bonnie's website. Also, maybe "Spider and Fly" Maybe if you just take a partial picture of it, one of use would recognize the quilt. Oh, and I usually do some sort of all over freehand pattern on Bonnie's quilts as they usually are so busy with not a bunch of plain sections to make the custom quilting really shine. Ha, and I love doing all over freehand quilting the best too, so that is a win-win for me.

Last edited by sewingpup; 01-06-2023 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-06-2023, 07:23 AM

I agree that it is probably Allietare. It is available as a digital download (I think all of her patterns that are not in books are digital now).

If you go to Pinterest, you will see many for quilting ideas. Again, I agree with sewingpup that Bonnie's patterns aretoo busy for custom quilting.

Good luck with your resolution. I no longer make them as I know myself, lol. The closest I'll come to making one now is to say I want to move forward with things that aren't done. Progress is not only good, in my book, it is fine!
Old 01-06-2023, 01:26 PM

I don't have anywhere high enough to hang my quilts to take pictures, so my solution is to lay it out on the bed to get a picture of it. Works great!
Old 01-06-2023, 02:23 PM

I agree, sounds like Allitare. I finished mine last year, it is my favorite quilt and is waiting to be quilted.
Attached Thumbnails dcaa13c2-43bd-4ca1-93f0-4f52191f5f41.jpeg