Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Olisio Iron

Olisio Iron

Joann Fabrics has an Oliso iron on sale today and only today for $89.99 and online only. it is an Oliso TG1050 Smart Iron. Does anyone know if this is a good deal and/or a good iron?
    Do what you love, love what you do!

I love my Oliso, I bought it several years ago, so I don't know how good the new ones are. Yes, it's a good buy, I paid around that but have seen them since for $120+.

Banned
    Lots of posts about this iron. Search those posts before you spend that amount. I have had 7 some worked and some didn't. They make great dry irons when they start spitting and annoying when they stop jumping up.

I have one, but it spit too much. Used it for about 3 weeks, and now it's on the shelf as a backup. I have a Reliable brand iron now, and that baby never spits, and puts out steam to no end!

I had a Rowenta and it eventually began spitting. Bought a very cheap Black and Decker and decided not to use the steam feature. Instead I use a spray bottle if I need steam. So far (over a year) no problem. I decided it would be cheaper to replace the iron often and not pay for the more expensive irons that don't last. Works for me.
    Sue

I have one, given to me by my wonderful husband for Mothers Day. I always use an inexpensive Black and Decker and would never have spent that much on an iron, But thanks to him I have one and I love it!!!!

Banned
    Two things happen according to the posts...they either start spitting ...referred as one owner as.. Become inconstant... Or they stop jumping up and done. I have had both problems

I have friends that are not happy they spent that much on an iron that did not last too long.

About two years ago I bought a reconditioned Oliso Touch & Glide at a reputable store; paid about half the regular price as I recall. I've been very happy with it. No spitting and once I got used to not standing it up when repositioning my fabric I love the automatic lift feature. The spray button does nothing but the shot of steam works just fine. I've read good and bad about Oliso products but I give mine a thumbs up.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I have five irons and I love my Oliso. My first one went belly up and I called the company and told them. I had no receipt or anything. I didn't have to mail my broken one to them or anything. They mailed me a replacement for FREE!!! Great customer service. I had had that Oliso about two years and they replaced it just like that! Go Oliso!!!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

I bought one about two years ago. It worked for about 6 mos--it doesn't jump any more, so I use a sturdy Black & Decker.
    The Trike Riding Quilting Diva

I'd never buy one, but if someone gave it to me I'd like it. Otherwise, I use my trusty B&D -- good enough for me.

I have one and love it. Note though I never use steam. Have had it about 3 years ... perfect.

Love the extra long cord
    Love the surface
    I love the fact that it has a nice heavyish weight to it .. I don't like light weight irons

As for the feet ... I don't always use that feature so I turn it off a lot.

That is a great price.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    I have one, but it spit too much. Used it for about 3 weeks, and now it's on the shelf as a backup. I have a Reliable brand iron now, and that baby never spits, and puts out steam to no end!
    I noticed on F&P they had switched from an Oliso iron to a Reliable iron. Nice to know everyone's opinions. I have an old Bernina that was STILL made in Germany. I know find I am spray starching a lot more since a can is so inexpensive at Walmart....
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I know three people with the Olisio irons. Of the three, only one is still working within a year of purchasing and according to that friend, hers is beginning to act up (spitting, but so far, still pops up, though she suspects not for long).

I have a Rowenta I love, but it was a gift (they are so heavy, I wouldn't have bought one on my own) and when it does finally go, I will go back to my trusty Black & Decker's. Love those irons!!