Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OMG...I've turned into a bag lady!

OMG...I've turned into a bag lady!

Couldn't understand why quiters have projects stuffed into bags? I have a plastic tote(s) filled with ufos..but now..omg...
    ran out of batiks had to order more...project stuffed into a bag...
    fab for DJ quilt..in a bag w/book..would be terrible if they got separated...
    bags of batting scraps for mug rugs...
    orphanded blocks for mug rugs...yep in a bag
    fab and book for red work that is really blue work snowmen..in a bag
    finished tops ready to be quilted but not in the mood to send out to quilter in a SPECIAL bag

Bag ladies are specail aren't we? Please, please say yes!
    If you don't work on it you'll never finish it.

yep...but that what happens when u keep finding new project to start and then lose focus/time over one!! lol
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

I don't stuff my quilt projects in a bag.........all my bags are full of crochet projects.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

yel
    Blog Entries
    i have that same problem ...but if it is in a bag it is together ....

I think i'm worse. I'm a shoe box lady. At least bag lades are stylish!

My DH says that I am a bag lady... I have made about 6 quilted or fabric bags... one is for library books, one for my toastmasters materials, one for my work stuff, one for my hexie project and the list goes on. It does help to keep me organized and I enjoy making bags as it is a quick way to try a new quilting technique without committing to a large quilt.

You're organized! Isn't that wonderful?
    Me ..... I'm a pile lady. This pile is for finished tops to be quilted. This pile is fabrics ........
    Well you get the idea .......
    I envy you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by judy5cents View Post
    My DH says that I am a bag lady... I have made about 6 quilted or fabric bags... one is for library books, one for my toastmasters materials, one for my work stuff, one for my hexie project and the list goes on. It does help to keep me organized and I enjoy making bags as it is a quick way to try a new quilting technique without committing to a large quilt.
    I can relate to you! :-) I use quilted bags or Land's End canvas totes for my knitting; quilting, and genealogy projects. My DSIL shook his head and said that must be why my DD has so many totes: work, school, etc. I drive my DH to distraction with containers to hold "things." Recently, I donated a neat basket to the cause for keeping track of the fan remote; tv remote, and password notebook. Hubby rolled his eyes because he doesn't use the system yet. He's still getting down on the floor to retrieve the remotes. :-)

Blog Entries
    when I was 13 my mom called me a bag lady. every project was in a bag. they didn't have those plastic bags then, I used paper bags.

PAPER BAG>>>great idea...can label them! lol
    If you don't work on it you'll never finish it.

I am with Mary Mo mine are in piles. If you can tell me about how long ago then I know how deep to dig in the pile. Actually I CALL THEM STACKS.....hUGS

I called mine "stacks" too until they got too tall and fell over....now I have a jumble....I WISH I was an organized bag lady....

Personally, I like to use those plastic shoe boxes. They stack nicely and you can see what's inside.

Congrats.. you have me beat on the organization ! Wish I had a dime for every time I ask myself "where did I put that.....".

I am completing UFOs this year. Can't tell you how grateful I am when I find all the pieces to complete the top in the same box. Felt the "phew' moment because I planned ahead and put everything in the same place. Still not sure it was me, could have been some very good elves. Bags, boxes, any kind of containers are the way to go.

I used to be a bag lady, I have become a storage tote lady for my fabrics and projects. What I need is a sewing studio in a new building, with lots and lots and lots of storage!

Blog Entries
    I decided to purchase the plastic snap on lid containers for my in-progress or ufo's, one reasons why, we have 5 dogs and 4 cats (my 2 barn cats are in and out, mostly in during the winter) and bags won't keep out the hair! I look to see if they are on sale every time I go to Meijers to get groceries or even a script. Needless to say, I am getting a real stock of plastic boxes - the shirt size boxes - and almost all of them have something in them! So, I'm avoiding being a bag lady but I do want to someday be Gladys, the grumpy old lady on the greeting cards!

Blog Entries
    you are not the only one. I have a lot of UFO's that need to be caught up and I doubt if I will ever get caught up as there is always something else new to start. I must settle down and finish.

I keep my to be made projects in plastic boxes from Walmart & use index cards to slide down the front with the project name & pattern on it, then I wrapped my loose fabric's on comic boards & they stand in my walk in closet on shelves . I don't need to buy anymore fabric or patterns for a long time but that won't last either. Happy Quilting everyone.

I have a friend who stores her things in baskets and calls them her "basket cases" .

Blog Entries
    Well, there is that wonderful acronym PIGS (Projects In Grocery Bags) that you can use instead of WIPs and UFOs!
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

One has to do what they need to do to keep things organized! I got tired of not being able to find fabrics or instructions to make a project and then spending hours looking - that was keeping me from accomplishing anything. Now that I put my projects in an acid free container I don't have to look far to start or continue a project. Works for me!

I am a plastice bin lady myself. But I am now out of plastic bins so its either no more new projects till I finish some or resort to bags.

You can never have too many bags, tote or otherwise.
    Signed -
    another Bag Lady

Bags, bags, everywhere! How can anyone complain?? They are name brand (supermarket, Walmart etc) 2 bags from the same store equal a set of matching luggage!! When it gets out of control, I end up with trash bags!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast