Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OMG...I've turned into a bag lady! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/omg-ive-turned-into-bag-lady-t224804.html)

Julie in NM 06-29-2013 01:48 PM

OMG...I've turned into a bag lady!

Couldn't understand why quiters have projects stuffed into bags? I have a plastic tote(s) filled with ufos..but now..omg...
ran out of batiks had to order more...project stuffed into a bag...
fab for DJ quilt..in a bag w/book..would be terrible if they got separated...
bags of batting scraps for mug rugs...
orphanded blocks for mug rugs...yep in a bag
fab and book for red work that is really blue work snowmen..in a bag
finished tops ready to be quilted but not in the mood to send out to quilter in a SPECIAL bag

Bag ladies are specail aren't we? Please, please say yes!

nwm50 06-29-2013 01:55 PM

yep...but that what happens when u keep finding new project to start and then lose focus/time over one!! lol

tesspug 06-29-2013 02:09 PM

I don't stuff my quilt projects in a bag.........all my bags are full of crochet projects.:p

yel 06-29-2013 03:41 PM

i have that same problem ...but if it is in a bag it is together ....

Jo C 06-29-2013 03:45 PM

I think i'm worse. I'm a shoe box lady. At least bag lades are stylish!

judy5cents 06-29-2013 04:18 PM

My DH says that I am a bag lady... I have made about 6 quilted or fabric bags... one is for library books, one for my toastmasters materials, one for my work stuff, one for my hexie project and the list goes on. It does help to keep me organized and I enjoy making bags as it is a quick way to try a new quilting technique without committing to a large quilt.

MaryMo 06-29-2013 04:40 PM

You're organized! Isn't that wonderful?
Me ..... I'm a pile lady. This pile is for finished tops to be quilted. This pile is fabrics ........
Well you get the idea .......
I envy you! :p

kay carlson 06-29-2013 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by judy5cents (Post 6150715)
My DH says that I am a bag lady... I have made about 6 quilted or fabric bags... one is for library books, one for my toastmasters materials, one for my work stuff, one for my hexie project and the list goes on. It does help to keep me organized and I enjoy making bags as it is a quick way to try a new quilting technique without committing to a large quilt.

I can relate to you! :-) I use quilted bags or Land's End canvas totes for my knitting; quilting, and genealogy projects. My DSIL shook his head and said that must be why my DD has so many totes: work, school, etc. I drive my DH to distraction with containers to hold "things." Recently, I donated a neat basket to the cause for keeping track of the fan remote; tv remote, and password notebook. Hubby rolled his eyes because he doesn't use the system yet. He's still getting down on the floor to retrieve the remotes. :-)

lynnie 06-29-2013 05:18 PM

when I was 13 my mom called me a bag lady. every project was in a bag. they didn't have those plastic bags then, I used paper bags.

Julie in NM 06-29-2013 06:58 PM

PAPER BAG>>>great idea...can label them! lol