Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OMG...I've turned into a bag lady! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/omg-ive-turned-into-bag-lady-t224804.html)

PaperPrincess 07-01-2013 05:30 AM

Well, there is that wonderful acronym PIGS (Projects In Grocery Bags) that you can use instead of WIPs and UFOs!

Nammie to 7 07-01-2013 05:37 AM

One has to do what they need to do to keep things organized! I got tired of not being able to find fabrics or instructions to make a project and then spending hours looking - that was keeping me from accomplishing anything. Now that I put my projects in an acid free container I don't have to look far to start or continue a project. Works for me!

cpcarolyn 07-01-2013 06:25 AM

I am a plastice bin lady myself. But I am now out of plastic bins so its either no more new projects till I finish some or resort to bags.

mrs. fitz 07-01-2013 07:02 AM

You can never have too many bags, tote or otherwise.
Signed -
another Bag Lady

Pat625 07-01-2013 07:06 AM

Bags, bags, everywhere! How can anyone complain?? They are name brand (supermarket, Walmart etc) 2 bags from the same store equal a set of matching luggage!! When it gets out of control, I end up with trash bags!!

IBQUILTIN 07-01-2013 08:42 AM

I am a pile of bags lady. this pile has UFO's, this pile has baby quilts, this pile has special colors, that pile has requests and another has a pp quilt in plastic bags. I think I like the shoebox idea, They would stack easier than the bags. lol

luvtibbies 07-01-2013 09:06 AM

I'm a modern clear tote lady, and hide new fabric under the bed. It may be time for a support group for me.:D

caspharm 07-01-2013 09:24 AM

I have bags for fabric, Art bins, Iris totes, and even totes for projects. I just need to finish things, now that I'm retired and supposed to have time.

sguillot 07-01-2013 09:26 AM

Sadly I'm both. I have some in bags and some in boxes and they are scattered. Some are by my sewing machine, some on the dining room tqable and some in my bed room, I keep looking at them thinking I need to be more organized but that might be to scarry.

basketcru 07-01-2013 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Julie in NM (Post 6150488)
Couldn't understand why quiters have projects stuffed into bags? I have a plastic tote(s) filled with ufos..but now..omg...
ran out of batiks had to order more...project stuffed into a bag...
fab for DJ quilt..in a bag w/book..would be terrible if they got separated...
bags of batting scraps for mug rugs...
orphanded blocks for mug rugs...yep in a bag
fab and book for red work that is really blue work snowmen..in a bag
finished tops ready to be quilted but not in the mood to send out to quilter in a SPECIAL bag

Bag ladies are specail aren't we? Please, please say yes!

YES!! YES!! YES!! I love getting a bag filled for a project! Keeps my mind straight...and I can quickly be ready to start a new one when I finish one (or get tired of one!) My bags are getting prettier too as I buy a new one every now and then and carry it with "spirit!"