Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Omnigrid Nonslip Product

I"m cheap. I but the medium weight clear plastic JAs sells on the roll. I buy about 6 inches width. I've used it for years on every ruler I have. Just noticed on a couple rulers it's stating to lift but then it's been on there for about 6 years!

It was recommended to me when I took a course on making a bargello quilt. I really liked how well it worked and had no trouble cutting strips as small as 3/4" wide from my strip sets. I put it on all of my rulers now and wouldn't be without it. I haven't tried the sandpaper dots so I don't know if they are better or worse.

I too use sandpaper dots....got some self sticking sandpaper from Hubby's stash works great too...:-)

Power Poster
    Haven't tried it but I'm not sure if I really need it. I still have some sore muscles. Ugh!!

I love it. I have it on all my rulers. For the larger rulers, I don't cover the whole back of the ruler. I just put strips on them.

I have it on mine and need to put in on a few new ones I just bought. I still use weights on my ruler if I am cutting long strips.

I have used this product and it works well. I did not think the dots advertised on the same page worked as well.

Just order a sheet...thanks so much !

I use it on all of my rulers, even the 4" one. It is great. I love it for paper piecing.

JoAnn's carries it.

Yes , it is great....

Quote Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
    I love it! I use it mostly on my long rulers when cutting strips and it doesn't stick as bad as sandpaper dots so you can still slide the ruler over for the next cut.
    Yes, sandpaper dots stick , so if turning the ruler a lot, Omi-Grid is better.

I use it, I like it better than the sand paper or rubber dots, but it isn't fantastic. And it is better than nothing. so I guess I like it but don't love it.

air conditioned quilt hugs, sue in CA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie in NM
    I"m cheap. I but the medium weight clear plastic JAs sells on the roll. I buy about 6 inches width. I've used it for years on every ruler I have. Just noticed on a couple rulers it's stating to lift but then it's been on there for about 6 years!
    I bought a yard of clear plastic fabric at Hancock's in Atlanta once. I stuck some of that to the bottom of my rulers and they don't slip--it must be similar to what you're describing.

I have it on all my rulers and it works. I just saw a tip that you can use a dab of rubber cement on the back of the rulers to help from slipping, and just rub it to take it off. It might be worth a try (a lot cheaper). Let me know if someone tries it.

I also used the invisigrip to cover my camera screen to prevent scratches, had it on there for a couple of years and works great and is still in place.

i love using it . matter of fact i need to get some more

Blog Entries
    [quote=joey]I have it on my rulers, yes it helps, but some times my ruler still slips...maybe I'm pressing too hard quote]

Me too :) I still like it though - better than the sandpaper dots because there aren't any blocked out markings on the ruler that might hnder any lining up and if I concentrate on applying the right pressure it works great!

I just bought some last week and they are wonderful. Will be buying more to put on the rest of my rulers. :thumbup:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3