Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Online fabric shopping! Help! >

Online fabric shopping! Help!

Online fabric shopping! Help!

Old 06-26-2012, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Gatormom3 View Post
I, too, order a lot of fabric online and have never been disappointed. One of my favorite shops is The Old Country Store. Their prices are a little less than the LQS for the same fabric and they often ship the same day that I order! I have also ordered from most of the other sites already mentioned and have been pleased with both the fabric and the service. I, especially, like the sites which have a "design wall" so you can see swatches of fabric next to each other.

I agree I would also add Wish upon a quilt.com, very nice online shop
Old 06-26-2012, 06:01 AM

I have been shopping online for more than 10 years for fabric. I have ordered from a whole bunch of different stores and have only gotten one fabric that I didn't think matched the screen image. It was for a backing though and the price was excellent so it didn't matter too much. I think stores try really hard to get their images accurate. If you're finding that the fabrics you get don't really match what you see on your monitor it could be your monitor is off and needs to be recalibrated.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:03 AM

I agree with Connecting Threads, Fabric.com, Thousands of Bolts and Fabric Shack but one other favorite is Whittles.com great service and fast shipping. I do lots of online shopping and have only been disappointed with one piece of fabric in the last 10 years.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:27 AM

On line I go to fabric.com and quilthome.com and Hawthorne Threads. Quilthome includes a hand written thank you that makes me feel like I have shopped at the LQS.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:34 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

I have found the owner at BEARPAWQUILTING to be more than helpful, love thousands of bolts, and favorite fabrics, fabric ,com. thousands of bolts is my favorite so far.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:14 AM

I cannot drive so rely on online ordering sometime. I have ordered fabric online from MANY different shops (most of them are on the fabshophop list) and have made many a phone call to the respective shop phone number for questions about whether the fabrics I have chosen are coordinates or not and have had much luck with their assistance. Good luck.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by ejpkam View Post
I'm never dissapointed with connecting threads!
I haven't been disappointed with them either, but I love Moda and several others, too. The safe way is to chose from one line of fabric by one designer if you want to make certain they absolutely coordinate.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:07 AM

I do craft shows and have purchased wholesale & retail with a number of the business already mentioned. But do be leary of those that chose not to post important information on the quality of the merchandise you chose to purchase. I do call and ask for thread count on fabrics, dye fast guarantees and things of this nature. In the past number of years that I've venture out to shop via the internet and have only been burned once. Some companies process slower than others but all and all they want you as a return customer. Needless to say the one that burned me will never hear again from me. I should have gone with my gut feeling when they avoided answering my questions. Oh well - life's lessions. I love connecting threads, fabric.com, and a number of them posted on the fabshophop. Have fun and good luck.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:19 AM

All of these are great suggestions. I purchase fabric online wayyyy toooo much! LOL I'm addicted.

I truly love www.equilter.com They send a newsletter twice a week with what's on sale. First quality fabric and I've NEVER been disappointed.

Also try www.fatquartershop.com The shipment arrives almost before you hit send.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by ejpkam View Post
I'm never dissapointed with connecting threads!
My thoughts exactly! I just got my newest catalog from them & I'm itching to get some goodies! Plus the prices are great!