Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Online fabric shopping! Help! >

Online fabric shopping! Help!

Online fabric shopping! Help!

Old 06-26-2012, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
Missouri Star Quilt Company have great prices, a daily deal and wonderful tutorials! Check out their website: http://www.missouriquiltco.com/

They have stupendous customer service. They will help you any way they can. If you call them, they will tell you whether or not the fabrics that you want go together and they will actually look around their store to find something that will! Quick shipping too!
How silly of me! About half an hour ago my latest order from MO Star came (I ordered it on Saturday!) & they are wonderful! So is Green Fairy... great sales, great customer service, great fabric. I have degenerative bone disease so "shopping" is kind of out of the question for me, too, & I buy all my fabric online. I've bever been disappointed in the color matches.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:29 AM

When trying to match a particular fabric that I already have I've had mixed success. If ordering for a new project I usually order from the same line and have had good results that way.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by crafty pat View Post
I order from Connecting Threads, Keepsake Quilting and Hancock's of Paducah and I have always been very happy with the fabrics I have bought from them. I have ordered a lot of the matched up Medley's from keepsake Quilting and they have always been just perfect for my projects. I am working on the Serenity Garden kit from Keepsake Quilting now and the fabric is so beautiful.
I've ordered from all these, too (man, I buy lots of fabric, don't I? LOL!). The Medleys from Keepsake are just wonderful... so varied. Hancock's has a great paper catalog you can get from them, too.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:00 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I usually buy from a line of fabric if I shop online so I know all the fabric will match. One bad thing about that is that a lot of the times they only have 2 or 3 bolts left of the fabric line, so I have to look around at different online stores to find more of the fabric. But I find lots more selection online and they seem to have the latest fabric before any LQS around here gets it. I seldom buy one piece of fabric unless I know for sure what it is, like what fabric line it's from. I've been disappointed in the fabric when I buy without knowing the exact fabric before hand. Usually it doesn't look like the picture quite enough.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:02 AM

EBay was not a good match for me at all--but Fabric.com has been wonderful. If there is a mistake, they not only correct it immediately--but pay the shipping as well.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by ejpkam View Post
i'm never dissapointed with connecting threads!
ditto!!!! Love their fabric
Old 06-26-2012, 01:12 PM

I shop Keepsake Quilting and Connecting Threads and have had good results.

delma
Old 06-26-2012, 04:34 PM

I have purchased quite a bit (translate: ALOT) of fabric online. One of my favorites is Thousands of Bolts. Once you pick a fabric, you can match up any color in that fabric by clicking on the color. All the matching fabrics will pop up. I have never been disappointed. They are also very accommodating when I call with a question. They called me today & told me a fabric I was looking for was back in stock. Fabric.com, Connecting thread, & keepsake quilting are also helpful. Good luck.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:58 PM

I have ordered from most of the sites mentioned above and other than some slight color variations that still worked together have been thrilled with them. As long as you stick with the major brands and major companies you shouldnt have much trouble.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:53 AM

I have ordered from Fabric.com also and I've always been pleased with the fabric, especially the coordinates, batiks and they have a great broadcloth and the prices are very reasonable. I've also ordered from Thousands of bolts. All of their pictures of fabric are not clear, so I don't order those particular fabrics but the fabric that I've ordered from the clear pictures have always been representive. I love being able to match my fabrics and look at them on the wall to actually see how they match.