Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Opinion and recommendation please !!

Opinion and recommendation please !!

Hi everyone,

I saw an amazing triangle quilt at a quilt shop made with the tula pink chipper free spirit collection. It was so beautiful I decided I want to make one. I love the design for large print fabric and was thinking it would be great to use for other fabric I have been collecting. I don't want to end up with 2 identical patterned quilts though.

Does anyone have any ideas for variation of the triangle quilt or any other suggestions?

I really like the triangle patterns that Jaybird quilts comes up with. I made the chopsticks one, but she has loads of other options.
    http://www.jaybirdquilts.com/p/patterns.html

Feline Fanatic. Thank you for your suggestion ! That pattern looks beautiful. Would you say it is ok for a beginner ?

Quote Originally Posted by frsur33 View Post
    Feline Fanatic. Thank you for your suggestion ! That pattern looks beautiful. Would you say it is ok for a beginner ?
    Yes but use lots of starch on all your fabrics before cutting and get a 60 degree triangle ruler. It will be worth it in the end, especially if you happen to like triangle quilts. You can use the ruler for other stuff too.

I use almost straight starch for a piece like this and then stick it to the shower wall to dry, then iron and cut.

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DACO48 View Post
    I use almost straight starch for a piece like this and then stick it to the shower wall to dry, then iron and cut.
    awesome idea of sticking it to the shower wall to dry!

Blog Entries
    When nurses still wore caps, I would wash mine and use straight starch, stick it to the side of the refrigerator to dry, then iron it. Perfectly stiff every time! Since I know it works, now I have a new/old way to use the starch for fabric. Thanks!