Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Opinions on finishing a top? >

Opinions on finishing a top?

Opinions on finishing a top?

Old 02-10-2011, 12:18 PM

Hrm... Okay dears, thanks so much for the input :3

I'm going to have to ask my neighbor about the long-arm stuff, as she's been at this much longer than I have and would know.

I don't -expect- it to get all that much use, as it's maybe twin size, so it wouldn't fit on anyone's bed around here, but it might get a bit of use. You've given me lots to think about; thanks!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:06 PM

When I did a charm pack tote bag, to quilt it I just took my 1/4" foot, lined up the edge guide to the seam and sewed 1/4" inside all the seams vertical and horizontal on each block, then where the seams meet, you'll have a little boxed in area between the blocks, I stuck a button there. Good too in case your seams aren't lined up perfectly the button hides that. It's easy straight sewing. You could also use your SID foot and put the needle all the way to the left. Does that make sense?
Old 02-10-2011, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jamiestitcher62
When I did a charm pack tote bag, to quilt it I just took my 1/4" foot, lined up the edge guide to the seam and sewed 1/4" inside all the seams vertical and horizontal on each block, then where the seams meet, you'll have a little boxed in area between the blocks, I stuck a button there. Good too in case your seams aren't lined up perfectly the button hides that. It's easy straight sewing. You could also use your SID foot and put the needle all the way to the left. Does that make sense?
It does, and it might even be a good idea! Man, I can't wait for everything I need to come in and get started on finishing this up.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:03 PM

I go along with finishing them up. I think they will be pretty. What about outline stitching next to the seams? If the seams don't exactly match up, still make the outlining straight. Just some thoughts. Good luck!