Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Opinions Wanted -- from One-Quilt-At-A-Time Quilters >

Opinions Wanted -- from One-Quilt-At-A-Time Quilters

Opinions Wanted -- from One-Quilt-At-A-Time Quilters

Old 07-02-2016, 07:46 AM

Making quilt tops is fun but the rest of it is drudgery. So I have lots of tops made and no interest in finishing them.
Gave up making bed quilts awhile ago, now only throw or baby size.
Bought a long arm table several years ago but not the machine so it sits like a whale in my sewing room.
Thinking of a Block Rocket since it is reasonably priced. But also like the idea of an embroidery machine that does a large design for quilting blocks. What to do?
Old 07-03-2016, 10:08 AM

Up until 3 months ago, I had many projects going at the same time, feeling incredibly slow progress on all of them and being highly distracted with "what's next". I selected ONE quilting project and ONE knitting project and packed everything else away. When putting my projects in boxes, I put them in priority order with the next project on top. When I'm done with the current project, the next one is just under the box lid. Of course, I could always pick something else. So far I have completed 2 quilts and 3 knitting projects. Changing to just 2 projects at a time has streamlined my life and I won't go back. This was a very easy change for me.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:32 AM

I do one project at a time because they usually have time limits. I used to be one who started many projects and I would go back and forth with them until each one was completed. It about drove my DH crazy, so I started doing one at a time and just relaxing and enjoying the process! Now, he even buys me fabric & quilting things & is very supportive. Just finished a "Celebration of Life" quilt for my nephew, shipped it & this morning started on a Christmas Tree skirt for a good friend. The fabric's cut, got to get the battings cut now.