Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ordering from e-bay >

Ordering from e-bay

Ordering from e-bay

Old 09-22-2010, 07:40 PM

I do not know how to do that but if you send her your email address maybe she can tell you herself that way. sorry am still new at this. :( if your name is Judith I can. sorry had a bad night.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Clueless
Hi all,

I really enjoy the feel of cloth. My LQS is my place of calm. However, I was browsing through ebay and the prices seem really good. Interesting cloth selection. Have you ever ordered material from ebay? Was it good quality? Were you happy with the process?

As usual, I remain

CLUELESS
I have purchased quite a bit of fabric from e-bay and have ben really happy with the price. Yesterday I bought 2 pkgs of 4 inch blocks (20 blocks per pkg). I paid .89 for each pkg. Of course then you have to pay postage which is usually much higher than the fabric!!! I'm happy anyway.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:05 PM

One word of warning: Be careful - - you can get ADDICTED to Ebay! I just came off a 2 month Ebay buying spree. Now I won't even let myself go LOOK, because I CAN'T JUST LOOK. I always end up bidding on SOMETHING. I have dozens of charm packs and several layer cakes that I probably won't even use, and my dining room table is covered with batik fat quarters. So don't let it get out of hand. Finding fabric in the mailbox is a high that I love, but I had to stop.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:17 PM

The sellers feedback is a good rule of thumb!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:57 AM

I bought to much on eBay for a while and yes some fab's too and my Featherweight and it was all just fine....

Good luck,
ConnieF
Old 09-24-2010, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by auntiehenno
Is buying from E-Bay a good place or is it still wise to check the fabric out at the stores. I like to see things up close before I buy.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Annya
Originally Posted by auntiehenno
Is buying from E-Bay a good place or is it still wise to check the fabric out at the stores. I like to see things up close before I buy.
Annya....I try to buy fabric from sellers that I know what the fabric line is, such as Moda or Hoffman, for example. I only bought fabric squares once from a seller that I didn't know what line it was from and it was very cheap material.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:31 PM

I usually buy panels or squares from ebay and have found them to be of very good quality. Always check the seller for their scores.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:52 AM

Thanks Retired2Pa, I will now have to wait a while as I just bought a new car (for me) so now I have a better car to go to the quilt shows in Brisbane. It is a 2003 Nissan Pulsar. It had only one owner before me as I know the lady who sold it to me.I have to pay back the money lent to me, and that will take me at least 31/2 years at $160 a month.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Annya
Thanks Retired2Pa, I will now have to wait a while as I just bought a new car (for me) so now I have a better car to go to the quilt shows in Brisbane. It is a 2003 Nissan Pulsar. It had only one owner before me as I know the lady who sold it to me.I have to pay back the money lent to me, and that will take me at least 31/2 years at $160 a month.
Sounds like a good car, I have a Nissan Quest 1995 that has over 200,000 miles and still runs like a charm. My daughter is driving it now. They used Ford motors in them then and if you keep them serviced you can't wear it out. Interent shoping for fabric is easy and less expensive if you watch alot for bargains. I have not been disappointed. Good Luck!