Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Organizing quilt patterns >

Organizing quilt patterns

Organizing quilt patterns

Old 08-01-2011, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by alikat110
Mine are in page protectors in binders and sorted by type...applique, rotary cut, holiday, etc....
Mine are in folders like that too. It is so much easier to find the right pattern if every thing is sorted into the same folder/s.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:41 AM

If I keep a pattern I go ahead and make the templates if a template is required for pattern. Then I store them in three ring binders in sleeves.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:49 PM

Would you please tell me more about how you "store" your patterns in your folders?
Old 01-13-2013, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by marand View Post
In my sewing room I have a file cabinet drawer. I have folders organized by my own crazy method.. i.e. table toppers, totes, paper piecing, etc. Each pattern is in a sheet protector. I also have a three ring binder with sections from info I get online... such as "how-to"s, tips, info specific to my machine, etc. I also have many quilt sites, youtube videos on my favorites list/folder on my computer...
how do you organize your folders in your filing cabinet?
Old 01-13-2013, 01:48 PM

I don't have a lot of storage space for hard copy magazines, patterns or books. I've dedicated one shelf in my stash closet, it's about 2' long & 18" deep. If I want to add an item to that shelf, then something has to go... Before I get rid anything, I go thru it & if there's something in there I think I may ever want to do, I scan it to a pdf file. I've invested a lot of money in to digitized quilting patterns for my longarm & digitized embroidery patterns and am an a firm believer of back it up and then back up the backup! I have 2 portable hard drives that I backup all my files to and then there's "the cloud". Backups can go bad & even online storage can 'go away' if the company takes down it's server. I back up anything & everything I can! Just God, please don't ever let an EMP (electro magntic pulse) go off in my neighborhood!