Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ott Lamp - question

Blog Entries
    I'm glad you asked this question. I was wondering where I could find on. Didn't have to read far to find out.
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook Be my friend Join my group
    Leesa Kemp's Material Things Fabric Sales and Auctions

I have the large floor model Ott light (without the magnifier) when I got it they were on sale for 1/2 price at Joanns.. but it was still close to $100. was thinking it over and went next door to Tuesday morning and was looking through their craft items and found the SAME lamp for $59.. you better believe I snapped it up.
    I love it. I have a small one I got at Hobby Lobby for 60% off during the holidays.. it's a table model.

I've had a floor model Ott light with the goose neck I use at the sewing machine. It is such a bright light and my eyes are bad. When I purchased the light 3-4 years ago I bought a replacement blulb as well. Haven't used it yet. Sometimes it is on all day and up until about 8:00 at night. It's been really great.

Blog Entries
    I have three and would not hesitate to buy another one the need arises.
    We would worry less about what others think of us if we realized how seldom they do.

i have the floor model Ott light in my sewing room , it also has the magnifying glass attached to it and i loveeeeeee it , great to use when i have to rip something apart

Blog Entries
    Well if you want it just for your house. I went to wal-mart and bought at 12$ lamp with the lite that comes down to you on the flexable arm and an up light at the top. Then I bought two of the light bulbs Joanns has with my 50% coupon )(pay for them seperate with 2 coupons) and get 50 to 40% off each. or use 1 - 50% and the instore 40%)and that is just wonderful. I just could not see paying that much. if you buy the small ot lite to travel with and you don't like it you can return it. Keep your reciept. I work at Joanns part time.
    SMILE- it will make everyone wonder what you are up to.
    Stay strong and keep looking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
    You'd be better to buy a cheap standing lamp (or table lamp), buy an Ott bulb for about $10 and enjoy the light!! There are also HD florescent bulbs. Enjoy!
    I like that idea...if the sales/coupons don't work in my favor, I might just do that!

I have 2 and love them both , alot easier on my eyes I also do jewerly making and it really hwlps with the intricate things .

Blog Entries
    I have a floor model by my machine and all so a desk style that sits on top of my sewing machine table and use it all the time when sewing . I bought mine when they were on sale, paid half price for my floor model, and love them both.

Blog Entries
    I have the fold-in-half table model and I have the floor lamp. Love them both!
    Every Sunrise brings a blessing

I have two Ott floor lamps in my sewing room and a portable folding one that I take to classes. I love all of my Ott lamps!

I have FOUR Ott lamps and besides having to replace a bulb ever decade, I am NOT complaining. I bought the basic flip light from Quilt Market in the early 90s, then I bought the stand light with the base. Then I bought the screw on lamp for the table where my sewing machine sits and last I bought a desk lamp when one of those design places that was having a going out of business sale. Except for the last lamp, I got them all at JAF with a 50% off coupon. I haven't seen them for less than that. Have fun at the sale!!! That is the BEST SALE !!!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

nls
    Have the floor model--it's great!

I have a floor Ott, a table Ott and my daughter found the cutest little round Ott to carry in my purse. Love them all.

If you go to Amazon.com, you will find EXCELLENT prices on Ott Lights. You don't have to wait for a coupon or a sale there!

Blog Entries
    I have three. The floor model for sewing at the machine. A table model with magnifier and a smaller table model that travels in the RV with me. The light is great. The bulbs are a little expensive. I use my Joann's coupons on the bulbs. Usually the end of July or beginning of August you can get them for 50% off at the stores. That's how I've gotten all three of mine.
    Traveler53

So Much Fabric, So Little Time

I have 3 and my absolute favorite is the desk task lamp. It it rechargeable and runs on both electric and the charged battery. I take it to all my retreats. Since we set up in the middle of large rooms, there isn't always enough electric plugs so I never have to worry about not having enough light.
    Last edited by Karenowc; 11-09-2011 at 11:41 PM.

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    it just depends on where you want to use it.... and of course, wait for the sale on lighting at Joann's they do great on their sales when the ott lights are included....be sure to check first... they are not on all sales...

Blog Entries
    I have several, my favorite is the floor model. I do alot of handwork at night.

I have one next to my sewing machine for rainy days. I have a floor model next to my sofa. I even use the one next to the sofa for reading. Wouldn't want to be without it.

I've seen them at Ofice Depot /staples office supply stores too. I have one on
    My sewing table. I bought a floor one at a rummage sale fo $25.00! Love them both.
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Joann's has the Ott Lights on sale 50% off online. When I went to the store yesterday, there were no signs so I asked a clerk if they were on sale in the store because I saw them online 50% off. She went to ask someone. When she came back, she said they would match the online price so I got my $50 lamp for $25 then I had a coupon 20% off entire order so I got it for only $20.

There is also a special at http://www.ottlite.com/freeflip/
    If you purchase certain Ottlites at Joann's, Michael, Hobby Lobby or Hancock's, they will send you a free flip ottlite. It cost $20 in the store. So this may be the time to buy one.

Angie

I love the Ott lamps. They are on sale this week.

I have a floor lamp. My DH bought it for me 6 yrs ago, when I had been doing crocheting. I have never had to change the bulb yet. Just love it. When there is another sale, after the holidays, I would like to get a table model
    I never believe in the word can't,unless you've tried

I have an ott light and like it, but did you know that you may be able to buy the bulb and put it in one of your current lamps? If you have a desk light that has that type of bulb end, the ott light bulb will fit for a fraction of the cost.
    Sharon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast